Bry and I decided it was probably best to prepare for this little guy as early as we could. We've known forever what car seat brand and crib we wanted but we were waiting for some sales. And of course I had to think and rethink if these were exactly what I wanted. Before I got put on bed rest we found our crib at RC Willie; I love it because it's super sturdy and will match perfectly the changing table that Tami is giving us. I got even more excited when I found it on Baby Center's website for 30% off! So we ordered it and got it last weekend.
Here's a picture of our bedding that we get to inherit from Tami. It's the cute Pottery Barn Farm Yard Friends set! Instead of the yellow sheet we are going to do green. We also got our paint for the nursery. It's a light, but bright green color. We have a chair rail in the nursery so below we'll paint solid green and above we are going to do a darker green strip using polycrylic paint. We may add the blue color too as a third skinny strip since it's the accent color--aren't too sure about that yet. We are also repainting an old dresser that mom and dad Phipps gave us. We found cute blue knobs to put on it. It's coming together!!! 
And lastly the beautiful car seat. I love polka dots so I was pretty excited when I saw this Peg!!! The nursery is getting pretty full and we still have to make another trip to Cali to get the rest of the furniture. I love going in the nursery and knowing that some day soonish it'll be our babies room!! 
So there is the update. We buy baby furniture. Other than that I have been extremely busy bed resting it while Bry spends his days at the Law School.

So there is the update. We buy baby furniture. Other than that I have been extremely busy bed resting it while Bry spends his days at the Law School.

4 comments:
hey! i love that carseat! i was actually looking at that one...it is so super cute. and the nursery will be very cute - and the crib is great. i love sales! i'm glad you're doing well still...keep resting...i know it stinks but oh well!
yay for sales- super cute finds! how are you going to lean over that bar on the crib? i have to lower soph's railing every day to get her out. *only worried about us short people* ;) i hope you are getting better and are STAYING ON THE COUCH! love ya!
What a perfect little room! I can't wait to see it all put together! I'm glad that your crib has rails all around, ours is solid on 2 sides and so the bumper never really stayed put. Way to stay committed to the bed rest...you can do it!
hey there! your style of bedrest sounds wonderful to me! i would love to lay on the couch watching movies and reading! enjoy because in a few months, this will all be a longing memory of relaxation and SLEEP!! we need to get together, i can either come by, or when you are up to it, we can get together for lunch with kami and suzi, let me know what you would like to do!
Post a Comment