My response to him and the rest of "America" is as follows:
First of all, did Bryan fail to tell you the middle name that I want to bless our dear child with?!? Paul is the ideal family name because it represents my fathers middle name, my brothers middle name, my great grandfathers name, and did I mention that my father in laws name is none other than PAUL. Besides anyone who knows my father in law realizes that the name I chose instills the feeling of danger in people's hearts; it's basically the same name. Lastly, I didn't veto the name completely because I know Bry really, really likes it and I do agree it is all to perfect for Bry's off-spring. Although many may think me absolutely crazy I tried to compromise and said we could name the baby 'First Name' Paul Danger Phipps. So I don't know what Bryan is whining about. Maybe a more appropriate name for Bryan's off-spring would be Nancy which would refer to the saying I have to use on Bryan all the time: "Quit your crying Nancy." :)

A little Gremlin.
A boy that I don't even know what to do with.
The "I'm in trouble" face. Also please take note of the skinned up knees.

I'm pretty sure this innocent face came right after he and his cousins got stuck in some well at Disney Land. Not so innocent.
No words.
Cross dressing?!?
Hello ladies. The middle name is Danger. I know you wanna go out with me.

This was probably after he and his brother got creative with:
a. Hang glidding their cat off their roof in a bucket
or
b. attaching sleds to the 4 wheeler and riding around the muddy yard.
***********
Anyway I'm sure as the due date gets closer there will be much more to say on this topic. On to the title of the post...I have been put on bed rest for the time being. I'm sure you are all extremely excited because this means I have nothing better to do than to blog. For about the last week I've been experiencing cramping, contraction like symptoms, along with lots of other labor signs--no need or desire to go into detail. So they've been getting progressively worse. I decided my panicking had gone on long enough and called the doctor who told me to come in. Basically at this point in my pregnancy (22 weeks) they can't do the testing they need to do to tell if it's really preterm labor or if my body just reacts this way to pregnancy. The doctor wants to get me to the point of viability (which also happens to be the point where they can do the labor tests) and the only option for that as of now is bed rest. I'm a little freaked out as you could guess, but hopeful that everything will be okay. So for now if anyone needs me they can find me in my townhouse on the first floor on my couch in a blanket surrounded by a laptop, pile of books, food, movie options, a remote, bottles of water, etc, probably staring bored off into space. But if it keeps my baby safe it is very worth it.

13 comments:
I certainly do hope everything is okay! Pile those books and movies high! You'll get a lot of viewing and reading in. I'm so curious to know what your little boys first name is going to be. I definiely vote for Paul for the middle name and if necessary, Danger as the 2nd middle name. Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you and convincing Bryan! If you need any book or movie recommendations, I can try to come up with some...
Although I am happy you'll be blogging very frequently and giving me daily entertainment I am so sorry about the situation. SUCKS!! Let me know if there is anything we can do to help. Dinner perhaps??
Well, there goes your record-holding dream of having worked as a BYU Student Health Center receptionist longer than anybody else--then again, I think you passed that mark a year or so ago. :) I hope everything goes well. We'll have to exchange book recommendations.
Well...I am not going to have Steve read this blog because it is going to give him some ideas that are similar I fear. Oh...our poor first born. Anyway, I actually think it suits you guys well...well Bryan at least, so I think it would be hilarious.
what the heck! i'm not sure why we can't have normal pregancies :( my friend jaclyn got put on bedrest today too - how crazy. well - i hope the best for you, i'm sure you will be just fine. you're right - it's too bad we can't just "bedrest" it together...it'd sure be a lot more fun! although i'm not happy you're on bedrest, i am happy we're in similar boats! chin up!
Hey, sounds like you are doing ok. I think Paul is a nice middle name (or last name in our case!). Let me know if you need anything!
ASH! oh my goodness... i hope you got my email because now i know you have time to write me back. i'm so sorry. how about if soph and i come visit you for a few weeks!? we'll cook and clean and watch every movie together. i could definitely make bedrest more interesting!and now i can CALL you when you're awake! seriously- you and kami should get together! EMAIL today! :)
I'm so sorry you are on bed rest...bummer. It is so worth it if it keeps that precious little guy safe AND...here's a postitive...you won't have much time after he arrives to just sit and do absolutely nothing for the rest of your life...so I guess enjoy the "down" time if that's what you can call it while you can. (Although I really don't think there are actual positives to bed rest).
Oh, and good luck getting the danger thing to go away. Jeff insisted on Justin's middle name being Bonds and he STILL pushes it for this one...I'm not sure he'll ever drop it! These boys...
I still like the Danger idea but won't press it because then Bryan might support dana on some of his crazy names:) I didn't get to Utah until 5ish on Friday so that's why I didn't stop by. But next time I'm up, the HC it is!
oh my goodness - yes, i totally have cabin fever. that might explain the super long post about random stuff!! i hope you're hanging in there! are you feeling better or still cramping? do they have you on any medicine? i'm sure everything will work out for both of us, even though it's kind of a little bump in the road...oh well, you're very right - it's worth it!
And here I was about to call you at the Health Center because nobody there will return my calls...Despite my frustration that you won't be there I'm bummed to hear that you're stuck there on your couch! I think bed rest is my worst nightmare these days! I hope that things improve! Viability is 24 weeks now? I guess I should know that...
Oh post script...rent The Ultimate Gift...It is a heart warmer!
Your post about DANGER had me laughing so hard! You probably do have your work cut out for you if your baby turns out to be anything like your husband (which he most definitely will!) Those pictures are hilarious! I'm so sorry that you are stuck on a couch for the next few weeks! But I guess it could be worse...stuck in the phone room at the HC!! Oh the memories!
Post a Comment