Thursday, January 03, 2008

Christmas 2007

We spent another wonderful Christmas in California with the Phipps family. This year was supposed to be a more 'laid back' Christmas to focus more on the Savior and our family; however it still ran from 10 AM til 7 PM so I guess that goal wasn't accomplished...maybe next year, but I doubt it. :) We had our traditional opening of Santa presents in PJ's and then all showered to finish up the day. Santa was good to me this year--I got my JP Lizzy diaper bag that I am in love with. When I called home and my brother Logan found out thats what I got his reply was "oh, sorry". Clearly he didn't realize that its a beautiful brown bag with pink and green stripes and enough pockets to make any woman jump up and down for joy. I guess that's when you know you've grown up--you are elated about a diaper bag. Another big thing in Bry's fam is to watch previous home videos of Christmas--the one we watched this year was from the year Bry got home from his mission. The footage for 2004 consisted of Bryan and Jarom making snide remarks but you could only hear them because for some reason Santa put them behind the couch away from the rest of the family....hmmm can't imagine why they did that. I realized that things hadn't changed much for Bryan when we got put on the couch behind the doll house this year. :)
Bry's parents got us the most thoughtful gift this year. We opened the little box and they had pre-paid for us to get a second 2D ultrasound AND a 3D ultrasound!!!!!! Lets just say I'm extremely excited! We'll be able to see our baby's little features in about 8 weeks. And we get a 15 minute video of it all. It was such a great gift idea! My parents got us the cutest baby frame so we'll be able to put those pictures in it until he comes. :)
We were the only ones this year that didn't have massive "santa set up" to do the night before. Poor Weston spent his entire Christmas doing construction. He had to build a 4 1/2 foot (not exaggerating) doll house, a slide, a tricycle, this car, and some other things I'm sure I'm forgetting. I'm sure it was totally worth it when he saw little Evan throw a fit when he was ripped away from his car to take a nap. He was so fun to play with--and got us even more excited to have a little boy.
Bryan and I both felt so blessed as we reflected on this past year. Heavenly Father has poured so many incredible things into our lives we couldn't possibly list them all. We are eternally thankful for our Savior and the influence he is in our lives; We are so grateful for the wonderful families we have been placed in and equally as grateful for the blesssing we have to be parents to a beautiful baby boy. We love the area we are in and are so happy we choose to stay at BYU for Bry's law school. This past year we have been blessed with many opportunities to grow and are looking forward to all that is to come this next year. We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

It's about time you put up a new post! :) It sounds like you had a great Christmas. I'm still for these ultrasound pictures.... :)