Monday, January 07, 2008

We Made it Half Way!

I think I look like such a goof in all these pictures because you stand to the side and smile and I do not have a good side profile--very awkward but I guess it's necessary to document the progress. :) So by request here is the growing belly.
About 16 weeks
About 17.5 weeks
20 weeks and 3 days!
On my 20 week "anniversary" Bryan and I happened to be going out to lunch on my work break. He runs ahead of me into the restruant and I open the door and he yells "surprise. I wanted to throw you half way there party with all the people that mean the most to you." He always keeps me laughing. :)
In California my amazing sister in law, Tami, gave us all her adorable boy clothes. When she said she'd give us her stuff I had no idea how much this meant. This girl knows how to shop and her little boy could have been a Gymboree or Janie and Jack model. Lucky for my little boy he can follow in his cousins footsteps. I have been feeling the need to "nest" as they say in Notes From the Underbelly so decided I wanted to organize the clothes. This is me half way through what she gave us. I filled our entire dresser with clothes only through 6 months. We feel incredibly lucky to be on the receiving end of this gift! Not to mention the clothes are dang cute! I'm so excited for our little boy!
I think the funniest thing she gave us were the pee-pee tee-pees. They keep him covered while you are changing his diaper.

Things are going great! I am finally feeling much better which I am so thankful for. As soon as I saw the ultrasound of our little boy my first thoughts were I could totally do this again. It is sooo worth it! I think I may have gotten signed up for a hyperactive child (which is no surprise between Bryan and I) because this little guy kicks like you wouldn't believe. I love being able to feel him at all times of the day and know he is okay. Bryan was able to feel him for the first time on New Years Eve and he thought it was the neatest thing. I'm sure 15 weeks down the road I may be singing a different tune but for now I'm enjoying it! And I promise I will get the ultrasound pictures up--sorry I'm slacking!

11 comments:

*katie said...

Wow, what an awesome sister-in-law! How fun to get all those cute clothes:) I had never heard of the pee pee tee pees until a few weeks ago--hello! Why didn't we know about this 11 months ago when the boys were first born?! And your belly is super cute:) I can't wait to see you at 35 weeks!

kristen said...

ok i was just about to ask... no demand belly pictures. there is my cute ashley!! and the second i saw those pee pee things i started missing you more! i almost peed MY pants laughing at those. you know i will need some pictures of that one in action! ok...check... i will not be buying you any clothes for your baby present...haha. that is sooo nice! looks like you had a fun christmas too! oh and soph- don't expect your boy to look like that at seven months unless he is a GIANT. she is in 12-18 month clothes. (excuse me!? where did the 6-12 range go? i guess we skipped that one!)

Harries Family said...

We wanted to wish you congrats on your baby boy. You will love him to death and boys are so much fun! We miss all of you guys!

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

I'm glad you're starting to feel better--the first 3 months or so you think it will never end, but then it miraculously does. That's cool that Bryan got to feel the baby move--it's even neater (and a little creepy) when you can just look at your stomach and see the baby move around.

kami said...

you look super cute! love the belly. okay and i need to know where to get those pee pee tee pees! my sister's baby boy was peeing everywhere and i am not sure how i'm gonna be able to handle that!

Melissa said...

I guess I've been out of the blog loop for a while! Yay for boys...congratulations. That is really exciting! I'm going crazy to know myself. Did ya'll find out early? The clothes look like so much fun. How nice of your sister in law!

Jenna and Steve said...

I am so excited for you to have a boy! i really wish that when i decided to take that jump and have a baby, i can look as cute as you do pregnant! you look adorable! even if i look half as cute as you i will be satisfied! i really miss working at the health center and catching up on everything. i love that you were so excited that you got that diaper bag! it made me realize that i am not ready to have a baby yet, haha. anyway, congrats!

Kimberlee said...

I'm so glad you found me Ashley! Congratulations! I had no idea you are pregnant, but I am SO excited for you. You'll be the best little mom. You look dang cute in those pictures too. Keep taking them even if you don't like your profile!

Sheila said...

I promise, you'll never get sick of feeling your little boy move (at least I don't and I'm 37 weeks now!) I'm sooo happy you're feeling better and that you are getting to actually enjoy your pregnancy. NICE on the clothes, SCORE!! I swear, people are so nice!

AlliSMiles said...

i see bryan blogging during class all the time--so i thought i'd check yours out. i'll tell ya--this is a different side of him--i only the see the frustratingly intellectual side :)

congrats on the baby!

alli

themileses.blogspot.com

adam and andrea said...

Ash!! You're the cutest pregnant lady in the world!! : )