Kami tagged me to tell 7 ups and downs about my pregnancy so here goes:
1. One of the hardest parts of pregnancy for me has been telling people I'm pregnant that are friends or acquaintances that I know are struggling with fertility. I have been on the other end of that news and it hurts in a way you can't describe. Even though you are truly happy for the pregnant person it breaks your heart. It was so hard for me to be the person to put my friends in pain; I also realize that there are probably many other woman that I don't even realize are hurting because of my blessing; I cry for these women all the time--I wish so badly that everyone could just get that desire of their heart to be a mother.
2. All day long sickness. I have been so sick. Every morning I wake up and heave for about 5 minutes straight. Then I go back to my bed to find Bryan has taken all 8 of our pillows and put them over his head. Poor Baby. From about week 6 to week 14 I couldn't make it through more than 2 hours of work with out running to the bathroom. This last week I'm feeling really blessed because it's been limited to the mornings, nights, and when I don't eat enough. I'm hoping this means with week 15 I'm starting to get better...we shall see. Honestly, I haven't cared a bit because if my baby is healthy I will be sick for all 40 weeks. I may regret that I just said that...
3. Worrying. I am scared to death that something could go wrong. I am so cautious of everything I put in my body. Every decision I make I worry about the effect it will have on my baby.
4. My gratitude for Bryan has deepened A TON which I didn't even think was possible!!! He might make fun of me in his blog, but he truly has done all the cleaning, cooking, laundry, and grocery shopping. Every night when I go to bed at 7:30 (not exaggerating) he comes up to check on me at least twice to see if I need anything. He has been incredible and I feel so lucky.
5. I have had zero energy. Refer to the 7:30 bedtime mentioned above. One day I was determined to be good wife and make Bryan a sandwich. HA! This requires standing for a certain period of time....ya know like an intense 5 minutes. I got light headed after about 2 but I was determined. Right as I finished his sandwich I threw up all over our counter and then had to nap for about 2 hours to regain my strength. Walking into to Target to buy a single item has been an accomplishment to write home about for me. You get the point...I'm exhausted.
6. I hate feeling like a teenage acne victim again. Especially because I have never had acne like this before in my life. And then it gives me the teenage complex that everyone is starring at my face. Vicious cycle.
7. I wake up every morning with butterflies because I am so happy and excited about this pregnancy. I just feel so blessed. I cannot wait to meet our little baby...even if it is still 6 months away. It's like Christmas morning every day for me. :)
This is by far one of the greatest blessings and miracles I have experienced and I am only at the beginning! All these things that are "downers" really aren't. They have been part of the blessing of pregnancy and are just really easy to laugh about. I cannot wait for all that is to come!!!!
Monday, December 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I too was afflicted with freaky pregnancy acne and the horrid thing is not even being able to use acne products to help! But I started using cetaphil and it has saved my skin the past couple weeks, you might want to try it.
this was fun to read - okay i'm glad you said that you have no energy because yeah i'm tired all the time but i was starting to think i was a weirdo or something when i get tired after standing for just a few minutes...it stinks! especially walking around campus - i get to my classes so out of breath :) but you're right, it's ALL worth it! when do you get to find out what you're having?
ok i thought i had forgotten about all of these... i was getting to the point where i kind of wanted that second child. thanks for reminding me! jk- i'm ready for the ashley belly!
Oh Ashley--I am so excited for you and hope you can get over the sickness part of pregnancy! I remember being really, really tired too. And then at the end of my pregnancy, since I was so big and stretched out with the 2 little guys, I couldn't walk more than a couple of minutes without havng Braxton-Hicks contractions. The last month was spent at home, not working because it was too hard on my body. You're going to be a fantastic mommy!
Ashley! I found you off the Nelsons. Congrats! I am soooo happy for you! It just makes my day to hear you will welcome in this little miracle soon. Our love to you both!
James and Katie
Ah, you've brought back such precious memories for me--all of those rotten pregnancy symptoms seem like some sort of initiation, don't they? Anyway, you forget all about the sickness, pains and exhaustion once you have your baby. Hang in there!
Post a Comment