Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Every Who Down in Who-ville (Kristen and Bryan)

Liked Christmas a lot...
But the Grinch,
who lived just north of who-ville,
DID NOT!
Long, Long ago on a cold October day I came home to my King Henry Apartment to find pictures of this on my door...










Now back then I didn't consider myself the Grinch at all. But when you are best friends with someone who believes the Christmas holiday starts the day after Halloween, who loves chipmunks Christmas music, and who has a green and red paper chain around the house that consists of far over 30 links...I tend to appear like the Grinch who stole Christmas. Then I get married and think this nickname wont last but much to my dismay it did. Bryan isn't quite as extreme as dear Kristen, but the second Thanksgiving is over he too is blaring the Christmas tunes (usually Jackson 5) and begging to buy a tree. Even though we'd been given all sorts of cute ornaments I could never justify buying a tree if we weren't even going to be home for two weeks of Christmas break and so I remained the Grinch.

I'm not sure what came over me this year but I decided I was done being called the Grinch. As always Bryan turned on his favorite Michael Buble Christmas CD and I sang along; He asked for a tree and we got one!!; I even splurged on new ornaments, set up our manger set, and am counting down the days til Christmas!
And what happened then...?
Well...in Who-ville they say
That the Grinch's small heart
Grew three sizes that day!
And the minute his heart didn't feel quite so tight,
He whizzed with his load through the bright morning light
And he brought back the toys! And the food for the feast!
And he...
...HE HIMSELF...!

The Grinch carved the roast beast.
Decorating the tree...
After dancing to our first Christmas song...

The day after Thanksgiving we were in search of a tree topper. We found nothing that we liked and came home empty handed and disappointed. Then we picked Megan up from the airport and she handed us a little toad from mom. Isn't he cute? It's magnetic so we are using toadstool as our tree topper this year. :)

Lastly, the triple chocolate cake Bryan made me. Delicious. He's the best!

9 comments:

*katie said...

So fun! Hopefully you'll lose that Grinch title! I need to get our house a little organized and then it's time to break out the decorations! And I love the tree topper:)

*katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Way to go on that yummy cake, Bryan! Funny, I never considered myself a Who down in Whoville for decorating the day after Thanksgiving! Your tree looks beautiful! I love real Christmas trees...never had one...still love 'em!

Kelli and Dana said...

Oh you Grincey Grinch. Glad you came around to our side. The tree looks amazing and I am jealous of your tree topper.

kami said...

cute tree! i have to say - i'm a little overzealous about christmas too...we've been listening to christmas music for quite awhile and we decorated our tree before we left for thanksgiving, haha. but i'm glad you're in the spirit - way to go!! and i like the tree topper too!!

kristen said...

i think a tear just left my eye... i never thought i would see such a devoted post to christmas (and me!!). i love it. i love you. i miss you. and the pictures of christmas makes me miss you more- i don't know why. but i love your little tree, super cute. yes i'm done with my family christmas shopping and it isn't even december!! i'm so excited! ahh! day after halloween baby! and you look skinny. you might want to take an extra bucket of animal crackers to bed with you. :)

kami said...

hey i decided to tag you - you don't have to do it but i thought it'd be fun to hear your 7 pregnancy ups & downs!

Steph said...

love your tree, love your tree-topper, love the cake (I want a bite!)

Stephanie said...

Bryan- I hope Ashley told you, but that cake was heavenly. It made my day! and Ashley, please have more chocolate cravings and don't hesitate to bring the leftovers to work!