Katie tagged me to list six facts or habits about myself so here goes:
1. I DETEST cereal and eggs. By detest I mean I cannot stand to look or smell these two foods; I literally gag when cereal is in my vicinity. Growing up I would always have breakfast with my dad and brother who aren't freaks of nature like me. I had to put up 2 cereal boxes to guard my eyes from seeing what they were eating.
2. I am a hypochondriac. Since working at the Health Center so closely with the doctors in Urgent Care my condition has greatly worsened. I see all these young students with scary symptoms and I automatically start having them for fear of dying. One doctor told me a kid lost a leg from a blood clot from the same meds I was on...instantly my leg hurts. Appendicitis patient: my side hurts. On and on...it's truly pathetic.
3. I LOVE, love, love California. Growing up it was always my favorite vacation spot; I would dream about what it would be like to live there with the Mediterranean homes, the ocean, and the year round sunshine. When I came to BYU and people would guess that I was from California or say that I dressed like a California girl it was the biggest complement ever. :) Then I married Bryan who is from Cali and equally as obsessed with the state as me. I now get to spend most of our holidays there and have a hope of some day becoming a true California girl.
4. I am a huge girly girl. I love pink; I danced ballet; I love clothes and shoes and shopping; AND I run like a total girl! I played basketball from 5th to 8th grade. All my friends made fun of the way I ran, but because I was faster than them I didn't believe I ran funny. Then I saw a tape of it...my arms would bend at the elbows and swing side to side like I was doing a little tap dance. Needless to say I never lived that down. As a result of that and everything else that makes me girly I was voted most feminine in both our 8th grade and senior year who's who section of the yearbook.
5. I am completely in love with my husband. He is my best friend and my entire world. I always wanted to believe that whole "someday you'll find someone and they will feel like your other half" but as I was dating in college I was having a hard time believing this person existed. Then I met Bryan and right away I knew he did. Which is probably why I was engaged after less than 3 months of dating him. Every single day I look at him and feel like the luckiest person in the world. He always makes me laugh to the point that I cry; He is so witty and intelligent; He is humble and so giving of his time; and he makes me feel like I am his world with his small acts of kindness. I am so proud of him. He is working so hard in law school and is going to make an incredible father!
6. I absolutely cannot wait to be a mother. I am sooooo excited! Although I can't feel my baby I still feel so close to it already and love it very, very much! Maybe my closeness is because my family has a thing with nicknames and my poor baby already has one. Because I was on a high dose of fertility drugs Bryan's fam and mine were very worried about us having twins. My little sister on the other hand thought it would great for naming purposes. Her favorite combo was Luigi and Mario. After we found out that there was only one baby Erika was distraught. She and Bryan were discussing it at Sunday dinner and Bryan says "well my favorite Nintendo character was always Toadstool anyway." Since that fateful day my poor baby has been referred to as Toadstool by everyone! All I can say is that if it's a girl...she's doomed.
I tag: Emily, Heather, Janelle, Jenna, Kristen, and Valerie :)
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
i don't know if i can come up with 6 interesting things about myself...haha. but i loved hearing yours... little toadstool.
Haha--I loved reading this! Half the things I already knew about you, and the other half I got such a kick out of reading them...you're funny! Toadstool--hilarious! And about tagging me...I'll get around to it someday if I don't forget.
-Janelle
This was so fun to read! I simply can't understand you're incredible dislike of cereal. I could eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner!! And of course I agree with you about California, how could I not!? Poor little toadstool...Growing up one of my best friend's names was Michelle Reid. Well, my brothers turned it into Me Smell Weed. They still call her Me Smell 13 years later. I hope the same type of fate doesn't happen to Baby Phipps!!
I don't like cereal either! Yay! Brian thinks I'm totally wierd, but now I know I'm not the only one.
Ashley, congratulations!!! I did not know you were pregnant. That is fantastic. WOW! That is so special. Do you know what you are having?
Cereal huh? I guess i need to return your christmas present haha.
I tagged you back so ha! it was so fun reading your info about you! you are so great!
Post a Comment