Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Sharing Our Joy!

Bryan and I are beyond elated to share with all our friends and family that we are HAVING A BABY May 24!!!!!!! Words could never express the happiness and great gratitude we feel for this blessing. We are just So HAPPY!!!! As most of you know this has been a very long time coming for us. We can't thank each of you enough for the countless thoughts and prayers that have been said on our behalf this past year and a half. We are so blessed to have you all in our lives. Thank you!

I will officially be 12 weeks on Saturday, but we just got back from our doctors appointment where we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat; the doctor told us we were in the clear to share our big news with everyone. We found out that I was pregnant September 15 which honestly seems like an eternity ago. When I looked down at the test that day the tears just came. I was extremely overwhelmed with gratitude and love for a Heavenly Father who truly knows what is best and wants us to be happy. When Bryan came up stairs after I took the test he saw the mascara running down my face and automatically wrapped his arms around me and says "It's okay, have faith it will happen for us next month." I was crying so hard I could barely tell him it was really positive. He didn't appreciate the deception. :)


Because of the past two miscarriages our doctor was very pro-active with our care, which I was so grateful for. He had us come in immediately to do blood work which came out very positive. It was a good way to start but my nerves were still very on edge. We were also able to have a viability ultra sound at 7 weeks. I have never been so scared or nervous in my entire life. I think Bryan had to carry me in that day because I was shaking so hard. The sonogram tech had to tell me to look at the computer screen because I was too afraid to. Seeing our little baby was one of the most incredible moments of my life. Seeing its little heart beat was absolutely surreal. All the trials and enduring to get to this moment were not easy, but it was more than worth it for that moment. Since then we have been praying and waiting for our appointment today. Hearing the heartbeat again overwhelmed me with that same joy and peace. Like I said...I really cannot express the amount of gratitude we feel for this blessing of a child in our lives.









(I realize you can't really tell what's going on in this ultra sound but it's our baby's first picture--and we're excited!)

If you want the "real" story of how my pregnancy has been going (or if you just want to laugh) you can read Bryan's Counterpoint:

http://phippscounterpoint.blogspot.com/
Thanks again for all your prayers--We love you each so much!
Love, Bryan and Ashley

24 comments:

adam and andrea said...

YAY!! We are SO happy for you! Congrats!! : )

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

Oh my gosh--that is so awesome!! I'm so excited for you guys! You will never get tired of hearing that little heart beat at your visits--it's so incredible. I'm curious to know if you switched from your previous doctor or if you decided to stick with him?

kristen said...

oh i'm so happy i can finally tell EVERYONE! was the heartbeat fast? it really doesn't matter because i know it's a girl already!! woo! ps... how come bry got to announce it on his blog first? we are so happy for you!

kristen said...

pps... i really am loving bry's point of view on "pregnancy!" we love our men!

Anthony, Valerie & Tate said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you guys. What a lucky kid to have such awesome parents.

Kari said...

Congratulations Ashley! I'm so excited for you. Reading your entry gave me goosebumps, you are such a great example of faith. You guys will be such good parents! yay, yay, yay!

Jenna said...

Congratulations! This is Jenna Carr. I don't know if you'll remember me, but I married Greg Carr. Bryan took his place at king henry when we got married and I remember you from the ward. I found your blog through Brain and Lindsay's. Anyway we are so happy for you guys. I'm pregnant as well and due in march. I read Bryan's blog just a minute ago about how you have been feeling and I was in shock because I felt the EXACT same way for the first 15 weeks!! I'm so much better now but I just wanted to say that I hope you feel better soon. It is no fun feeling the way you are feeling!! YOu can check our blog out at http://jennac1@blogspot.com

Steph said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Can't wait to see what the new little Phippster looks like! May will be an exciting time!

Kelli and Dana said...

ASHLEY!!! Yay!! Baby Phipps! I sorta kinda knew you might be prego since when I called Daneen way back when she mentioned she thought you were but were keeping it hush hush so I've been waiting for this email! Yay! I just love you guys so much and know that baby is coming into a great family. Congrats again!

kami said...

ashley!! i'm really excited for you and i'm so happy everything is going so well!! good luck with everything and i'm sooo excited to hear what it will be! yay!

kami said...

ashley, i love bryan's comments...haha because they are so true. i totally do my hair and makeup sitting on a chair in front of the mirror in our bedroom - i can't stand up for that long anymore, it makes me soo tired! and travis totally has been cooking for me, etc...i feel so bad but seriously there's nothing you can do when you're so tired and sick! but luckily, it does get better...my fatigue is already starting to go away so hopefully soon you'll feel better too! anyways i just thought that was hilarious because as i read it i was like yep! eat, sleep, eat, sleep, eat, sleep - so true!

*katie said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS!!! I can feel the tears in my eyes!! Alan is going to be so excited when I tell him your wonderful news. YAY!!!!!

Linds said...

Yay! CONGRATS! I'm so excited for you guys you made me cry too!! Every time you hear that heart beat even after that baby is born will bring the same feeling. It's amazing and I'm so excited for you to experiance it!

Dustin and Nicki said...

Hun I can't tell you how happy i am for you and Bryan!! I wish I was there to give you a huge hug!! I can't wait to hear more about what is going on!!!

Neil and Meredith Larson said...

Congratulations!!! This is Meredith Wagner now Larson. I don't know if you remmeber me we lived at King Henry the same time and then I ran into you at the health center when I broke my toe. Since then I got married and now I'm pregnant too, 5 months today :) I hope you have a great pregnancy!

Sheila said...

YAY!! Your post totally brought tears to my eyes...being 7 months preg. probably added to that, but Jeff and I are SOO HAPPY for you guys!! I had to stick up for you on Brian's blog (which Jeff & I really got a kick out of) and hope that you start feeling well soon. I've been really sick too with this whole pregancy, so I always feel bad for girls that are sick too. It' SOOO WORTH IT!!!

Tara and Spencer Frye said...

Congrats! That is such wonderful news! I am so happy for you guys!

Melissa said...

Woohoo! Congratulations! It's funny,as I was waiting for your blog to post I was totally thinking "please be pregnant, please be pregnant" and look what I found! We are so happy for you two, soon to be three!

J.Phipps said...

hey ashleyface,
Just wanted to say congrats. The picture, btw, looks like a New England weather forecast

heather peck said...

We are so happy for you and Brian, that is so exciting, you have been through so much, you so deserve this! Keep us posted on how you are doing! Congrats!!!!!

Melissa said...

oh btw, I can't believe you can eat cheesey ritz when you're nauseated! But, have you tried ice? The little ice chips they have in the Conference Center are nicknamed Celestial ice for a reason! Let me know if you want their contact info! ;)

selway2005 said...

Dear Ashley,
I cannot imagine what you and Brian have been going through...but I share the excitment and celebration! I think you will both have a great positive influence on your children and although the next 8 months will seem like forever, your life will never be the same again. Eve is 13 months now and it has been a thrill to spend the last year with her and it has confirmed my testimony of the Plan of Salvation and our Heavenly Father's love.
You are invited for dinner this Sunday November 18th unless you have other plans...you can email me back at anabelleselway@gmail.com

Janelle said...

Ash,
I've been away for a computer for a while or I would have noticed this earlier and commented, because I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU AND BRYAN! Knowing your little secret for the past couple months doesn't make this any less exciting as time goes on either! This baby is a long time coming and you are going to be amazing parents who will cherish pregnancy and parenthood so much more because of the pain you had to endure to get to this point. We are so happy for you!! Keep us very updated on the pregnancy!
Love you,
Janelle

Krissi said...

I am so happy for you! That is one lucky kid to have such loving parents!