This week was Bryan's placement break. Hallelujah! So nice to have him home. While many more job and clerkship apps were filled out we did manage to have some fun in between! We decided to take
Caden to the Petting Zoo at Gardner Village. I didn't really know what to expect, seeing as though I've never been to a petting zoo, so when we walked into a gate completely open to all the animals I was surprised. I saw these goats with big horns wondering free and thought--oh no.

Apparently these animals are used to child abuse because they don't even give you the time of day-- A bit like my son was with me around these animals. At first he was a bit hesitant but after about 45 seconds he was running from one animal to the next.

I wish I could have captured this moment better. He liked the goat horns the best. He would grab on and shake their heads back and forth. If they were laying down he would grab the horns, pull their head up so he could look in their eyes and see what they were all about.


My favorite thing was how he pet the animals. We tried to show him how to do it nicely but he didn't have time for that. He would tap, not so gently, their fur and then run to the next one. I counted about 30 animals and he touched them all at least twice.

I'm not sure why but the pot belly pigs were his least favorite. He tried to pull on their ears but they wouldn't move their heads for him like the goats would.

He even got to pet a baby
cafe.

And don't worry, I washed his hands like 17 times afterwards. :)


4 comments:
I don't ever think I have looked at one of your post and been the first to comment...I feel special :) Cute Pics
I'm just glad he didn't pull a "rody" on any of the poor animals
That looks so fun! We'll have to go there!
I think its neat he tried to touch them all. We might have to visit the zoo again on our visit.
Post a Comment