Friday, December 19, 2008

I HATE Snow.

Growing up we had a delightful relationship. Until highschool when I realized how miserable the stuff was. My friends and I used to walk to school in it and sing songs about how we would rather be in Hawaii. Since then I do not like the stuff. I moved away from home in hopes to get less of it. Only once a year do I enjoy it, and that's the first snow. Then it can go away and never come back for a full year. Today Snow ruined our once strong bond even further.

We had to get Erika and her roommate to the airport to fly home this morning at 4 a.m. Of course, it's a blizzard out. Bryan being the good man that he is said he would drive her because I was freaking out. Nice of him, but this didn't help my anxiety because personally I'd rather die first. Morbid, but true. Anyway, he leaves at 4 and I wake up at 7 and he still isn't home. I start panicking. Trying to not be too much like my mother I wait. Bry calls and says he'll be home soon. Then my mother, being like my mother calls panicking herself to see if he's made it home yet. They were in a huge accident. Erika spun out and hit the median, and then someone rear-ended them. Bry's got huge bruises from the airbags, and his leather coat got ripped in half from the seatbelt. Erika's poor new car doesn't look too hot...let's just say the bumper is still somewhere in Salt Lake. Luckily, they are okay. I can't think of the alternative. Unfortunately, my relationship with snow is still not okay. I don't think there will be any mending this one.

Adios Snow. I'm off to California for Christmas.

8 comments:

kristen said...

oh man! i'm so glad they're ok! i was thinking i hate snow because we had to shovel for an hour today... yours is much worse! but have fun in cali! we're escaping to mesa the 27th too...haha. bums.

adam and andrea said...

How scary!!! I'm so glad they're ok. I hate snow too...we just got 10.5 inches yesterday and are expecting another 4-7 today. Driving it it makes me nervous EVERY time.

Ledebuhr Family said...

Wow!!! Good thing they're okay. We had a darn blizzard here too. One on Friday, Saturay, today, and we're supposed to get more on Tuesday. Woohoo for California!

By the way...I had to read Eric your story about us walking to school. Once again he didn't quite "get it"...maybe we're weird!

Jen R. said...

Oh my gosh...I'm so glad they are ok. I went Friday morning in the blizzard to rent a storage unit where we were also getting our moving truck from. They informed me less than 24 hours before the big moving day that if it was snowing they don't let the truck out. I almost had a heart attack. Luckily it didn't snow on Saturday. Anyways...I'm so glad he is ok.

Rob and Andrea said...

Ashley - First of all thank goodness they're all okay!! That sounds really scary! Second of all, your stories are hilarious. You know how to word them just perfectly :) I prefer just to stay home when it's snowing because I also have major anxiety about driving in bad weather! Hope you have a Merry Christmas in Cali!!

Anonymous said...

glad to hear they are okay. Yeah I wished I have relatives somewhere where it was warm to get away once in a while-Enjoy it for all of us..I actually dont mind the snow until it starts to get really cold, but without the cold doesnt come snow so I guess that doesnt work out right now does it..??
have a good christmas hun!!!

Jenna and Steve said...

Scary. I hate snow too. That is one thing I love about San Francisco. I am so glad everyone is okay.

Steve and Carly said...

Ugg, I am glad he made it home. Enjoy California for Steve, he wishes he was there!