Monday, February 05, 2007

Candle Light...

I always wanted to try this but never thought it would be as cool as it is in the movies. It is totally as cool as it is in the movies! I wanted to do something to celebrate all Bry's accomplishments with getting into Law School...so he knew how proud of him I am. I decided to make him a big, surprise dinner. I made homemade lasagna, homemade bread, and a big desert (which because of my amazing cooking skills didn't turn out. Actually I just didn't plan and forgot to buy eggs, but normally it would be because of my cooking).


Anyway, I decided I wanted it to be more than just a meal--it needed to be an actually surprise. So I decided to try the candles. I got a 100 tea candles and lite them all over our downstairs. It looks so neat!! The pictures really do not do it justice. I also got him his favorite, Martinellis, and bought some champaign glasses to have a toast. And of course I had to make a congrats sign--the full word wouldn't fit on our ledge. :)


Bryan's reaction was the best! It made all my work worth it! Bryan came in the door from working all day and was like Oh my gosh, is this for me? And then he just stared. It was great! I think this is the first time I have ever surprised him...I mean every year he ruins my Christmas present surprise--and guesses everything else I plan--so I was quite pleased with myself when I pulled this off! :)
















This is us after dinner....Happy!


Yup, Life is good! :)

1 comment:

kristen said...

so i was just wondering when you were going to fill in those 16 x 20 frames...don't get me wrong, i REALLY like the boats! Ü