Monday, January 31, 2011

We got invited to tromp along on the annual Hulbert creek walk this year. I think I may have had as much fun as Caden which is saying something. Their property is beautiful, the weather was perfect, and what mom doesn't love watching her little boy do what all boys should get to do...get dirty.Caden has turned into a major mommy & daddy's boy since our move. I'm sure our new friends wouldn't even believe me if I told them he used to actually interact with other kids. He was basically in this position the ENTIRE time. Super fun for me. They say I'll miss it when he'd rather be with his friends so I'm embracing the constant embracing. Some days more than others.When I walked out the door Bryan made some snide comment about me being hot. Deal with it honey. You brought me to the country, you gave me two male children, and you even bought me the muck boots for Christmas. The pink hoodie is about as hot as it gets.There were quite a few casualties along the hike. I'm the mean aunt that laughed and took pictures. Caden was extremely concerned for Evan, "Cousin your bum is muddy. Your bum is really, really muddy. It's yucky!"
Most of the gang except for Caden, who was of course clinging to my leg.

It doesn't get much prettier than this.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I think Brian must have been serious... if he knows what's good for him!

Megan said...

Whatever between you and Caden's OCD Clean Freak personalities...I bet you weren't even truly dirty. haha. But you totally make those boots look hot! :)

adam and andrea said...

Looks like a little boy's dream!! You totally make those boots hot...are you sure Bryan wasn't serious?? : )

Someone that Matters (Bryan) said...

Uhm, yeah . . . I was totally serious!

Lora said...

Once again, I am totally jealous! Let's see, today's forecast is 19 degrees, and that's with sunshine! Next time I want to go on a creek walk. P.S. I don't know what it is about boots, but they make everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, look cute!

Jolene said...

Love the picture of the trees. Cute green boots