We have been taking on the dreaded potty training.
The first fews days were AW.FUL!
I'm talking he'd hold it for 6 hours with me putting him on the potty every 20 minutes and then hide under the table to let it all out awful.
Today he finally ran to the bathroom himself yelling, mommy I gotta pee!
I don't think I will be any prouder the day he graduates college.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Just wait until the night you hear him get out of bed, go potty, and get back in bed...You'll be able to die happy knowing you finally did it!
oh ash... i'm sorry. you should have been texting me this whole time! and i feel exactly the same way. nothing is more satisfying than your kid finally "getting it." and i still have yet to see sophie do it all on her own like "linds" said. what a process!
We are in the potty training stage too! Ugh.. It is such a pain! Good luck!
Oh, man! So much to look forward to.
My condolences and congratulations--it's the best feeling when they finally get it!! I'll just say this, though--pee is nothing. Pee is fabulous--I'll take pee any day. My friend told this to me long before Lily started potty training when I told her I didn't think I could handle having to clean pee off of every surface in my house. How right she was. You don't really appreciate how insignificant pee is until you're cleaning poop off of the floor, the toilet seat, soiled underwear (which occasionally just gets thrown out, it's so nasty), and from underneath fingernails--don't ask. Good luck.:)
Hooray!
Post a Comment