Our sweet Parker turned one on New Years Eve. We celebrated him with a color bash. Each person came in their assigned color. We had colored cupcakes, every color of crush soda, all the colors fruit provides, and all the colors that tortilla chips come in.
{I got made fun of for my lack of color; let's just say in all the madness of getting things cleaned and ready I forgot to wash my colored shirt.} 

I had to take Parker in to get some shots. When the nurse saw his birth date she said, that must have been the worst New Years celebration ever. I couldn't have felt differently. It was the most memorable, special New Years I will probably ever experience. At his party we did an exact count down to the moment Parker was born. As we counted down from ten I couldn't finish because I was so overwhelmed at the amount of joy this precious little boy has brought to our home. Truly, I am so blessed to be his mother.
One of the games we played was Parker or Caden. I constantly {at least twice a week} get asked if they are twins. This baffles me since Parker is about 1/2 Caden's size and has zero hair but they do look alike. Here's a sample. :)One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Bryan came up with the brilliant idea of getting a colorful parachute as one of the party games. Seriously, I felt like we were in pre-school again. It was fantastic! Seriously. :)

Parker got to sit in the center and get paraded around. He looked like he felt pretty important.
We even got some sliding action going on.






The party turned out exactly as we'd hoped. Parker is one lucky boy to be surrounded by so much family love near and far. And we are one lucky family to have him.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Bryan came up with the brilliant idea of getting a colorful parachute as one of the party games. Seriously, I felt like we were in pre-school again. It was fantastic! Seriously. :)

Parker got to sit in the center and get paraded around. He looked like he felt pretty important.
We even got some sliding action going on.






12 comments:
happy birthday parker!! such a cute party.
k, ashley, i get asked ALL the time if max and maude are twins. just the other day, the nurse at the doctor's office asked if they were twins (keep in mind that maude was in the single stroller and max was WALKING). YEAH. i get it when they're in the double stroller and max is obviously way bigger than her. it is so funny to me!! glad i'm not the only one w/ that problem.
No one ever asks if my kids are twins. I wonder why :)
Seriously amazing bash! I wish we could have been there too! I love that you counted down to the exact moment he was born- I totally teared up reading about it. So sweet! And serious props for assigning colors for your guests to wear. I have always wanted to do that, but have never had the guts. You have inspired me.
And I need to see MORE pictures of this party. Please tell me you and Bry took more pics of the food?
Happy Birthday Parker! Love you guys!
Such a fun party!! And yes, I was wondering why your shirt lacked some color:)
People can be so funny...Parker is obviously much smaller than Caden! Oh well, I get people asking if David and Ethan are identical twins fairly often...even though one has brown hair and one is blonde...one has big round cheeks and the other doesn't...silly people!
So sweet! He is such a cute boy. Happy Birthday!
What a cute party! Happy birthday, Parker!
WHAT A GREAT MOMMY!! I LOVE ALL THE DECORATIONS!!! and yes, I'm totally yelling all of this!!
That looks like such a fun party! What a cute idea to count down to when he was born...everyone should do that...even if they weren't born on New Year's Eve. The set-up looks great. I thought it looked like a "Lesley" party which obviously is a huge compliment! :) I can't believe he's one!
Looks like fun! And where did you find that parachute?! Sam and I so want one!
what a great party - Happy Birthday Parker!!!
1. i can't believe he's already 1! i totally get the tearing up part.
2. how fun you'll have double to celebrate every new year's eve!
3. your party-planning skills are incredible. everything looks great and what fun games!
4. your house is GORGEOUS! I LOVE THOSE HARDWOOD FLOORS!
5. miss you!
You are officially hired as my party planner for all future birthday parties! I LOVE the cupcakes and colors and EVERYTHING!
That was a lot of fun I still get the pics mixed up.
Post a Comment