Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Straight from the Mouth of Caden

I have been waiting impatiently for the day that Caden would start saying funny things. I've looked forward to the this day since he was born really. Boy, let me tell you it was worth the wait...

We are leaving the house and I see that Caden brought one of my old cell phones.
Me: Oh, good. You grabbed your phone. You'll definitely need that.
Caden: Yeah, I got my phone. My cell phone. Examines me. Oh! I forgot my purse.
Runs back to the house. Bryan is left behind in disgust.

****

Caden's in my bathroom trying on my headbands while I do my hair.
Me: Headbands are for girls, not boys.
Caden: Headbands are for Caden, not boys.

****

We are driving home from Target, and a car goes by us.
Caden: Honk horn mommy.
Driving around too much with dad huh?

****

Caden's favorite place to play is in his closet and its best if Parker is with him whether Parker wants to be or not.
Caden: Come on, come on. Hurry. {waits} Follow me broder Parker. I help him.
Shoves him face first into the closet, and slams the door behind him.
Me: Hey! Is Parker okay?
Caden: Yeah. We playin'.
Parker: Bawling.
I open the closet door.
Caden: Hey, you go away. We playin'.
****
Caden: Water peeze. I do it. Take lid off.
I take the lid off and let him fill it at the fridge.
Caden: Ice too.
I put the lid back on.
Caden: That disgusting.
Spits it out.
Caden: I gotta clean this mess.
Comes out of the laundry room with the swiffer and some vacuum attachments.
****
I'm eating a peice of cake and Caden see's it. He crawls under the blanket with me.
Caden: Um, one bite, peeze.
Me: Okay, you can have one bite.
I give him a bite.
Caden: One bite. One more peeze.
Me: One more.
Caden: Okay, just one more. Um, I just do it.
Takes the fork out of my hands and eats my cake.
Me: Do you plan on sharing that?
Caden: Sure mom!!

6 comments:

Lesley said...

oh man, I miss that kid. Please, oh please, keep these coming!

And great shot, Bry. Ashley will treasure that one.

Now I am craving your torte with strawberries and whipped cream. Not cool.

adam and andrea said...

oh my gosh. that kid is awesome. I, too, am impatiently waiting for the little nuggets of wisdom that Brady will come up with. You need to keep posting these!!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, I love the closet story, that is hilarious! oh the joy of boys! too funny Ashley, those are definatley cute ones to hold and cherish for when he gets older!!

Stephanie said...

Haha! My mom kept records of the funny stuff we said as kids and we LOVE going back and reading them! This is a great age, he's just gonna keep on getting funnier and funnier.

J.Phipps said...

Haha hilarious! That's all we need, another SA in the family.

Lora said...

Hilarious! I love it! Now if Maya would just say a word...any word. It was great to see you again!