Three and a half years ago we faced the tough decision of where to attend law school. Though BYU had an incredible program we never had really considered it an option because we were ready to move on. But after a lot of prayer we felt very impressed that Bryan should make BYU the school he received his Juris Doctorate from. Though there has been VERY FEW occasions, from time to time I have wondered if we should have chosen a different school. Thankfully, shortly after questioning our decision I have always been reassured that this is indeed where we were meant to be.His graduation day was no exception. I was filled with so much pride and emotion as I watched him walk with his classmates to be hooded as a BYU law graduate. As one of the speakers said, this school is unique. Not only are they given one of the best educations in the country but they are taught principles on weightier matters. Judge J. Clifford Wallace of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit gave the address and the first thing he spoke about was priorities. He told the graduates that though they may have extremely demanding jobs they should keep their family followed by church callings, before work. He told them that if they could do this they would have extremely successful careers. He talked of honesty, and dedication, and the unique advantages they have by graduating from BYU. I truly believe I could not have been more proud had Bryan graduated from any of his other options. This school is incredible and I am thrilled that it is his Alumni!
{Receiving his diploma.}

Besides Bryan's actual education, this picture is what I will take away from law school. These three will stay with me forever. It's hard to believe that in those three short years this is the family we created.
With my most heart felt love, I want to thank our incredible families for their support. I can truly say that we would not have made it through school without you all. There were many times when emotions ran high {yes, mostly for me--middle of the road Bryan doesn't seem capable of a freak out}, when money was tight {or non-existant}, when a car was on its last sputter, when we needed somewhere to stay and you allowed us to live in your already full home, when we wanted a date night, when Bryan just needed an extra word of encouragement--you were always there. We know you made sacrafices for our success and we hope you know how grateful we are. 
With my most heart felt love, I want to thank our incredible families for their support. I can truly say that we would not have made it through school without you all. There were many times when emotions ran high {yes, mostly for me--middle of the road Bryan doesn't seem capable of a freak out}, when money was tight {or non-existant}, when a car was on its last sputter, when we needed somewhere to stay and you allowed us to live in your already full home, when we wanted a date night, when Bryan just needed an extra word of encouragement--you were always there. We know you made sacrafices for our success and we hope you know how grateful we are. 
{Erika & Colson--special thank you for watching the terror so we could enjoy the ceremony!}

{Proud Parents}

{Bryan & Kyle}

Another reason chosing BYU has been such an immense blessing is because of the amazing friends we have made. Graduation was bittersweet for this reason. I found myself looking across the pews and being flooded with good memories followed by tears. I really can't put into words what these amazing people mean to us. All I can say is we are better for knowing them. I have a feeling I know where we will be spending our vacation time. ;){Me, Bry, Kyle, & Lesley}
Sorry, we missed you Mike and Jessica!!
{Bryan, Kyle, & Brandon}
Congratulations Bryan! It's hard to believe that this chapter is closing. Maybe not for you, but for me it feels like just yesterday this was all just a dream. I love you more than words can say, and I am so, so proud of you and your many accomplishments these past three years. More than that though, I am so proud of the person you are. Thank you for letting me be a part of this journey with you. There is no one else in the world that I could {or would} have done this with. :)

{In front of the Provo Tabernacle.}
{Before the ceremony.}
{Being Hooded.}

12 comments:
What an accomplishment! Congrats to you all!
Congrats Bryan! I must say, I adore that picture of the four of us. I'm so glad it turned out! Think I just might have to frame it.
Congrats, congrats!! Such a great accomplishment!! Brother Wallace was in my ward all growing up and he is most definitely an amazing man!
Congrats Phipps family - you have so much to be proud of!! What a wonderful accomplishment! Sending lots of love your way!
My favorite part is your dress...super cute!
Congrats!! How exciting for your family to beginning a new journey in life!! :)
YAY!! Congrats, the pics are all great! I'm sosososo happy for you guys and seriously feel like this all just barely started (shoot, I still feel like Jeff just started his three year journey and we're one year post first job!!) You're future is a super exciting journey and I'm so excited at what is next!!!
Oh, and I love your dress too!
Yay bry!! I can't believe you are done and we still haven't seen you! So exciting. And ash... You look hot.
congrats Ashley and Bryan, what an accomplishment. Youve created such a wonderful family all in the hard times of bryan being in school, and look, you did it, you suceeded and made it, congrats! good luck with your ventures to move, everyting will fall into place when its time ;)
congrats again!
I am so sad we didn't see you guys before we left! Mike's Mom was freezing and wanted to leave. Darn Texans can't handle a little cold weather! I was so sad we didn't talk to anyone outside. Congrats to you Bryan...and you too Ashley! I think the wives definitely are due congrats.:) I'm glad we got to see you at the Colvins at least. I love reading your blog. You are such a great writer. Good luck this summer!
Congratulations Bryan!! What a great accomplishment... Grad school w/ a growing family, wow! Your family is adorable. I wish you luck wherever you are headed next.
Post a Comment