Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Thanksgiving In Vegas

Well, dear readers, I'm uncomfortable and tired, so don't hold your breath for much beyond pictures. (I always get mad at myself after I say stuff like that because I really am so, so grateful to be pregnant. Grateful beyond words, but the reality of the situation for me is that being 9 months pregnant means a good healthy mix of tears and tantrums.)
Anyway, back to Thanksgiving. We started our vacation off with a trip to MGM to see the Lion exhibit. Let me give a recommendation. If you happen to be stupid enough to drive in a car for 5 1/2 hours while being nearly 9 months pregnant, don't be stupid enough to walk 3 miles to see a lion. It is not worth it. Though, I'm sure Caden would completely disagree.Caden turned gangster while we were in Vegas. Well, as gangster as you can possibly be in a BYU hat.The weather really was incredible. After growing up in Wisconsin, who knew that it was possible to swim after August, let alone the end of November?!?I put my feet in the spa...and then couldn't get my swollen feet back into my sandals for hours. What's worse is my dad told me not to and then I had to hear, "I told you so" the rest of the day. Dad, isn't it comforting to know that some things will never change. :)Thanksgiving day was spent enduring this look...Because my dad and I totally championed Pinochle. Woot Woot.And then my crazy father decided to take 500,000 pictures. Thanks dad, Bryan now knows where I get it from. It must be a genetic defect.We told Caden to say "Cheese"...he does a GREAT job.
Erika and I...probably after she told me I should start running again. Gee, thanks.Caden found one of the cabanas and put on a dance show for us. Grandma & Grandpa Hoggatt with the grandchild. The resort we stayed at.
Thanksgiving was fantastic. So good to see my family, and so good to be reminded of all the good things in life we have to be thankful for. Hope you all had wonderful Thanksgivings whether it was in the desert or the frozen tundra!

8 comments:

adam and andrea said...

love the pics - and the new header!! Looks like you guys had a great time in Vegas!! I love your little BYU gangster too!

Ledebuhr Family said...

My mom and I ran into your parents on a walk the other night - they're so cute...and they caught me up on all the Phipps happenings.

On a side note - I thought only our family played Pinochle?! So fun :)

Anonymous said...

too cute Ashley, Thanksgiving in VEGAS, whats the holiday season with 30 minus degrees..thats right, your smarter then the rest of us and took advantage of the weather there, looked like a good time! take care and good luck in the next few weeks, I sure wished I was at the end....

Larsen Family said...

Caden is getting so big! I can't wait to see him :)

kristen said...

you look awesome ash! was this one of your dad's "time share" vacations? :) i had no idea that's how you spell pinochle!

Amy said...

You are way adventurous for being so pregnant! Here's to hoping you pop soon!!!

Ms. Green Eyes said...

You look GREAT! Love the belly.

Hawkins Family said...

I didn't know you went to Vegas! No wonder we haven't seen you guys lately. Looks like you had a good time. That picture of "Gangster Caden" is adorable!