Caden & I took a trip to the grocery store with Megan. Turned out to be more excitement than I signed up for. As we are loading the car with groceries Megan put Caden in his car seat, and gave him the keys to hold since they are currently his favorite item. Unfortunately, once his door shut he decided it would be fun to push the button and lock all the doors, leaving Megan and I starring in on him in 94 degree heat. Megan looks up at me, "Uh, we have a problem." I immediately go into panic mode. I can't think straight when I get like this. I don't know who to call! I just want my kid out of this car...now! I run around to his side of the car and start tapping on the window. "Push the button buddy."
Lock.
"No, push the other button. You can do it."
Lock.
"Push the blue button Caden."
Alarm.
"Okay, turn that off buddy."
Turns it off.
"Push the other button."
Lock.
You get the idea. And the whole time he's giving me this smile like, I'm doing exactly what you are asking me to mommy. Meanwhile, Megan is calling her insurance for a tow company, then the police (yeah...should have been my first thought, but like I said, I was panicking.) And after Caden had set off the alarm 4 times we'd gathered quite the crowd. One man was nice enough to inform me that he'd stick around with his bat since last summer 4 kids died after being in the car for 15 minutes.
I wasn't really worried until I see his cheeks turning bright red, and he starts saying HOT, over and over.
Well, eventually the cop drives into the parking lot. And yes, I'm waving my hands like the crazy mother I am to get his attention. I felt like an idiot, but within minutes my baby was safe again in the air conditioned car sipping on High C from McDonald's.
Of course, Mr. Independent has to hold the cup by himself. He dumps it down his shirt and goes from saying HOT to Coooooowd {cold}.
Besides pushing buttons we have also been to Swiss Days in Midway, UT. We figured we need to go to as many Utah things as we can since this will be our last year here. 
Caden and I have had lots of quality nights together since the 3rd year of law school has proven to be busy, very busy. I took a few pictures of us just hanging out in our PJs. 

In other news, we had another ultrasound. Baby is still a BOY! He's healthy and that's our greatest blessing this week.
Dedicated to Paul; I hope this stops the obscene texts for a few days. :)

9 comments:
All is well with the world again. You have met your familiar responsibility for another couple of days. Keep the pictures posting. We miss you all, especially the little trouble maker.
oh my gosh, i would have been flipping too! i'm glad he's cooowd now! that made me thirsty for hi-c. sick. will you email me your address AGAIN please!?
Caden looks so much older suddenly! I think he's got more hair ;)
How scary!!! Love the updates though, your hair looks adorable by the way, love the bangs.
That one of those "funny stories" you can share when he needs to tell a funny story. I'm sure he'll top it many times over. Go Caden! M
Oh, Ashley. Of all the people this kind of stuff could happen to....At least he had the presence of mind to toy around with you before it started getting hot in the car. I'm glad everything turned out alright. Whoa, and that's the first time I saw you were having a boy--the last I saw it was supposed to be (i.e. possibly) a girl. I can just imagine you with two mischievous little boys! :)
Oh my, I had the same experience earlier this summer!!! and YES I was freaking out! although, my boys were locked in their car seats and the keys were on my seat...STRESS!!!!
In my defense...It was seriously one of those moments where the timing had to be perfect. As his door started to close I ran to open mine and the two overlapped for like one second. But of course Caden was watching and waiting with the remote to hit the button at the perfect moment. :)
I have imagined that scenario in my mind many times! Not something I want to experience, but probably will.
Post a Comment