*My new favorite color is pea green. Bryan says it's green pea. Whatev. Harry Potter left me wanting more.
*Baby Addilyn is actually ANOTHER BOY. Shock. Made the tech check again. She didn't lie. Had to make some returns. Okay, a lot of returns. No pink or bows this time around, but we are thrilled for Caden to have a best buddy. This little man is definitely supposed to be part of the Phipps clan...
*Nightmare of the summer: We went to the ER...long story short...6 hours later...the doctor told us I was leaking amniotic fluid and there was a high chance I would lose the baby if this continued. It was one of the worst moments of my life sitting in the office, bawling my eyes out thinking that this baby-- my baby-- that I had already felt kick, that I had such big plans for may not be part of our family in this life. I am grateful for miracles. I'm grateful for faith in a Heavenly Father that's hand is so clearly in our lives. I'm grateful for blessings from a worthy husband that calm me more than anything else in this world. A week later we went to my OB and the leak was gone--my own miracle.
*My favorite purchase...probably ever...Shark Vacuum. A-MAZ-ING.
*My Kid: Within 10 minutes of our first morning home he had covered his hair in yogurt while I finished making his toast, dumped his milk on the floor, and managed to climb back into his highchair while I was cleaning up the mess. Then he smirks at me.
*Jon and Kate Plus Eight's divorce=devastation.
*Phipps' got a trubo twist waterslide. Awesomeness. Caden cried EvErYtImE Bryan "risked his life" to go down the slide. My mother in law screamed like a little girl eVeRyTiMe she went down.
*Decided to do a little gambling on our way through Nevada: We drove the Contour. 10 to 1 odds we wouldn't make it home. Our very special car officially has no working windows, 1 working speaker, broken e-brake, and 2 broken bushings--something to do with suspension and tires.
*This is what happens when daddy gets him ready in the morning...

And I'm out...

14 comments:
Wait....you're home!! See you tomorrow hopefully.
Aww I've missed reading about your fun life :) Congrats on the little boy. I was certain we were having a girl too. Had a name all picked out...now 2 1/2 months later I STILL can't pick a boy's name!!
Yeah! More boys for Max to play with when you guys finally decide to move to Cali - given that Tami is no longer matching me kid for kid... poor max!
I've been off the train too this summer. We better get back in the game! I'm so happy everything worked out with the baby. We are having serious trouble picking a boy name...as in I don't think he's going to have one. But yay for a boy!
ash! i'm so sad i'm hearing about all this on your BLOG! i'm such a bad friend. i'm so excited you get to have crazy boys though! the girl drama in our house is definitely going to be the death of me!
last thought: NOT CONNIE THE CONTOUR!
lets chat sometime ;)
I haven't been blogging as much either so I understand!! It was nice to hear from you though - it put a smile on my face. Another boy will be so much fun! I just have to say though I had the opposite problem of Anna...I did not like any girls names...I was convinced I would have a boy and I loved tons and tons of boys names. It all worked out, but I can understand the frustration. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!! You guys will be in our thoughts and prayers!
Congratulations on having another boy. That will be so fun for Caden to have a little buddy.
Awesome. Thanks for the update :) so glad you're back and that we're back! Yipee! Glad you made it home safe. And that you bought a new vacuum. And that you're having a boy- what a shock!
yay for another boy!! that will be tons of fun. i'm glad everything resolved itself with the amniotic fluid...how scary! hang in there!
Woah...thats a lot to digest! But congratulations on the boy! My stepmom was on bed rest for months at the hospital because of a leak! My sis was 3 months early, but with no major problems! There's always hope and faith, huh?!
Welcome back you guys! I am glad everything is ok with Baby Boy.It will be so fun for Caden to have a built in best friend and playmate! Loved the girl name though!:)
Ash,
Congrats on the boy news! I've been checking all the time recently to find out what you're having...so yay! And I'm SO sorry to hear about the amniotic fluid scare...how awful! I'm so, so happy it all turned out okay...scary stuff. You definitely earn your babies, don't you??? Welcome home, and can't wait for more updates...
OKay.. I am totally sad about Jon and Kate too! I am glad I am not alone!
Another boy! That will be fun for Caden. How scary about the leak - you are amazing at getting through all of your pregnancy scares! And also the Jon & Kate thing...really devastating to me too. Hate Jon.
Post a Comment