We decided to have a Zoo Birthday. We took a trip to the Sacramento Zoo for the day. 

Caden was in love with all the animals.
Bry kept walking him through the misters; He was trying to figure out what was on his head. 

Bry made Caden this adorable monkey cake. 
Caden and Bumpa--the two birthday boys.

Grandma Jolene bought some silly string to celebrate. Caden just sat there and took it. Poor baby.
Then we got daddy back!
So the traditional cake eating came last...
He got very into it.
He finished every last bite. And I'm pretty sure he enjoyed his first birthday.
We love you Caden!

Then we got daddy back!
So the traditional cake eating came last...
He got very into it.
He finished every last bite. And I'm pretty sure he enjoyed his first birthday.

12 comments:
Can't believe he is 1 already! It really does fly by :(
Hope the California sun is treating you well. Miss you guys!
Aw, he looks so much bigger than he did when you left! Looks like an absolute blast. Your garland is super cute Ashley (is that your handwriting? Jealous!), and Bryan that cake is so darling. Though, it's almost too cute to eat. Did you feel bad cutting it up? It looks up at you with a 'please don't eat me' face...
We miss you guys so much! Have you planned your weekend vacation to NYC yet :)
oh, and we're glad to seeing you blogging. Last night Kyle checked your blog and said "I wonder what Bryan and Ashley are doing..." now he'll know. Keep these pictures coming so I can show Ella. She totally recognizes him when I show her pictures.
Ciao!
Uh Bryan, are you for real? Your culinary skills are a little frightening! I mean, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CADEN! It looks like such a fun time! and the cake IS incredible!
happy birthday! oh and i can't believe bryan made that cake...WOW! it looks so good and i'm so glad caden enjoyed it!
So cute!!! I can't believe he is already a year? It seems like you just had him! How fun though. He is so dang cute. And that cake your husband made is so cute!
How fun! Looks like he had a great day. Bryan really is a man of many talents...that cake is amazing! Where does he learn these things?!
Oh my goodness, I can't believe he's one already!! That year just flew by! What a fun birthday, though! Love the cake pictures--he didn't seem to have any reservations about that! :)
Happy late Birthday Caden. We've taken Kate to the zoo for her two birthdays and she has loved it too. I see you are in California at the zoo. Have you moved here for the summer? If so, we'd love to get together sometime. Maybe meet somewhere in the middle.
I loved the monkey's eye, getting you with silly string and seeing Caden covered in chocolate. M
I'm sure the silly string incident falls under some sort of child abuse
Cute! Loved the zoo animals theme! I can't believe he's 1 and doing the 1st birthday cake thing. :)
Post a Comment