Saturday, March 21, 2009

Really?!?

Just some stories that have made us laugh:
Number One:
We were out the other day and a girl, about 12, came up to us and asked, "does your baby have cancer?"
I can't help but laugh, "No, no he is just bald."
"Bald? Really? He doesn't have cancer? He just doesn't have hair?"
"Yes."
"Weird."

Number Two:
I'm getting Caden's immunizations and a hispanic lady who doesn't speak very good English falls in love with Caden. She was very nice, but I'm not a huge fan of strangers touching my kid. She kept trying to take him, and kiss his little hands. Luckily, Megan was with me and is much better at ignoring it. So Caden starts screaming (pretty typical) because he's excited over something and I say, "Oh Heaven."
The hispanic lady says, "Heaven? Awwwwh, you named your baby Heaven!"
At this exact moment as he's yelling at the top of his lungs I'm thinking...YEAH RIGHT! "Ohhh no, no I didn't. He is just Caden."
Dejected, "Oh, that's too bad."

13 comments:

J.Phipps said...

If you guys would of gotten him that helmet no one could make fun of him for his lack of hair...but then again, they would have a field day with his helmet.

adam and andrea said...

people are so strange!!! I think bald babies are beautiful! : ) I told Adam I want a bald baby! : )

*katie said...

Soooo funny! Don't you just love 12 year olds? No embarrassment whatsoever. Her answer "Weird" is priceless. And really--Heaven as a first name? Silly lady! I say "Oh heavens" about 20 times a day at least!

Jared Hulbert said...

He needs "The Baby Toupee"

http://www.hulu.com/watch/19589/saturday-night-live-baby-toupee

Jen R. said...

ha ha ha that first is ridiculous!

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

Poor, little hairless Caden! He's working the bald look, though--bald is beautiful, right? :)

Kari said...

Those were a good laugh--people are so funny! Hey, wee should do lunch sometime...

Melany said...

we were in vegas for paul's sister's wedding and i was changing penny in a bathroom. she was wearing this cute little gold dress and this hispanic lady comes up and goes "oohh!" and kisses her on the forehead. for reals. it must be a cultural thing.

SuzyO said...

The first comment was so funny! Kids are sometimes too honest with their questions! Ha ha!

Unknown said...

What is it with strangers touching baby's hands? I am always surprised how many people do that. These are funny stories!

Janelle said...

Hahahahaha! I can relate to the bald baby thing, and I am sooo glad you chose Caden over Heaven. Haha!

The Miller Family said...

those are great stories. I loved your pics of things you can't live without. Seeing pics of Nielson's park makes us homesick for Utah...

kristen said...

hey you're famous! jaclyn (lee snyder's wife) posted this on her ideas blog...hehe.

http://withextratime.blogspot.com/2009/02/fabric-ball.html