Saturday, January 10, 2009

Moments so Dear

Five hundred twenty-five thousand Six hundred minutes,
Five hundred twenty-five thousand Moments so dear.
Five hundred twenty-five thousand Six hundred minutes
How do you measure, measure a year?
Reflecting on this past year and the little and very big moments we have been blessed with fills me with such gratitude. I'd have to say our dearest moment over Christmas break was watching Caden crawl across the room for the first time, and seeing how excited he was about it.
Caden's first Christmas is one that we will never forget. Having a baby seems to bring back the childlike excitement of Christmas. It went way too quickly this year. We had a wonderful, snow free Christmas in California that involved many of our family traditions: cookie decorating, Christmas Eve Chinese Food, Christmas Eve PJ's, huge Santa stocking displays, a full day of opening presents, and beating Megan and Tami miserably at cards. Note to family: We will not be making Trivial Pursuit a family tradition.
One of our favorite gifts is the 50mm lens. It's incredible. Bry also surprised me by getting my ruby from my grandparents ironium plated in white gold. So thoughtful. Caden got his crawl and cruise jungle, tons of books, and, our favorites, his stokke tripp trapp chair and baby Uggs.
Most of our time was spent with Bry's wonderful family. We also got to spend time with friends from Bryan's homeward which was so fun. We ate tons of delicious food. We got to see Twilight (well, I did on our girls night) and Valkyrie (excellent/sad movie). And we spent many nights in the spa. I wish we were still there....
Oh you got to remember the love,
You know that love is a gift from up above
Share love, give love, spread love
Measure, measure your life in love.

10 comments:

Jenna and Steve said...

I am so glad that you had fun! Caden is growing up so much. he is adorable.

kristen said...

oh i'm dying over those baby uggs! sooo cute! and so fun you got the 50!! you'll have so much fun with that lens!

J.Phipps said...

umm lets not forget your personal favorite: crepes haha no eggs in those haha

adam and andrea said...

Nice pics! You've got skills girl! : ) Love the uggs too!

Heather said...

You're crazy to not love the snow! Don't worry, we totally got stuck in my parent's neighborhood and had to borrow their truck so we could leave! I love all of the pictures! You are amazing!

*katie said...

Sounds like a great break!! So jealous over your new lens. I'm taking a photog. class this semester and am SOOO excited! Hopefully at the end of it I can buy a new lens:)

Larsen Family said...

If Trivial Pursuit becomes a family tradition I am kicking myself out...so long. PS...there was a mis wording in your post. What should have been written is, "Bry and I got our trash kicked at cards." Might want to fix that:)

heather peck said...

love your pics! that is a fun to put them all in a collage (spelling?) like that, love the poem too, very sweet!

Jolene said...

One of my favorite Christmas memories is little Caden in his Christmas PJs, it just doesn't get any cuter than that. And Makayla and Evan in their matching ones. Kids, grandkids really do make Christmas. M

The Boeckmann's said...

Ashley,
I would like to get a new camera before this little girl enters the world. What would you suggest? I am always so impressed by your pictures and I thought you could shed some light on my dilemma. What do you think??