Da Na Na Na NaaaaWhere I was born,
Where I was raised,
Where I keep all my yesterdays,
This is my town.
-Montgomery Gentry
Driving through my old town brought back so many good memories of growing up. I lived in the best neighborhood in the world. As I walked past all the houses very vivid pictrues came back from my childhood. There was always close friends around riding bikes, playing night games, and building forts. I was a very lucky kid. It was hard to explain to Bry exactly what we did with all our time in this little town--we always got creative.
Dad, Cody, Logan, Bry, and I went to a Minnesota Twins Baseball game. Mom babysat Caden--I had a really hard time leaving my baby. I even made my dad call to check on him a few times so my mom didn't think it was because I didn't trust her. :) But the game was great; They beat the Yankees 4 to 0 which put them in first place in their league. Growing up this was Dad and me's father daughter date.
I was in shock going back home for the first time in almost 3 years. My little town has changed so much; It now has 4 stop lights and a huge overpass highway running through it. I didn't know what to do with myself.
Driving through my old town brought back so many good memories of growing up. I lived in the best neighborhood in the world. As I walked past all the houses very vivid pictrues came back from my childhood. There was always close friends around riding bikes, playing night games, and building forts. I was a very lucky kid. It was hard to explain to Bry exactly what we did with all our time in this little town--we always got creative.
Dad, Cody, Logan, Bry, and I went to a Minnesota Twins Baseball game. Mom babysat Caden--I had a really hard time leaving my baby. I even made my dad call to check on him a few times so my mom didn't think it was because I didn't trust her. :) But the game was great; They beat the Yankees 4 to 0 which put them in first place in their league. Growing up this was Dad and me's father daughter date.
I was in shock going back home for the first time in almost 3 years. My little town has changed so much; It now has 4 stop lights and a huge overpass highway running through it. I didn't know what to do with myself.
They are also starting to restore the downtown area. They put in a brand new park.
I'd forgotten just how pretty Wisconsin is...sometimes all I remember is the frozen tundra winters. :)

I'd forgotten just how pretty Wisconsin is...sometimes all I remember is the frozen tundra winters. :)

Poor Caden will never forgive us when he sees all the things he was put through by his father.
I think Grandma and Grandpa liked their first grandbaby. He definitely liked them.
Let me just say that becoming a parent has made me infinitely more grateful for my own parents.
One of the bridges down by the University my dad teaches at.
We spent three of the ten days in Wisconsin Dells at my parents time share resort. It had 6 water parks at the resort alone. We spent lots of time on the lazy river, in the wave pool, and going down the many slides. I think the funniest part of the trip was my dad complaining about the dark tube ride. He said, "You might as well put me in a dark closet, scream in my ear, and pour water over my head."
I think Grandma and Grandpa liked their first grandbaby. He definitely liked them.
Let me just say that becoming a parent has made me infinitely more grateful for my own parents.
One of the bridges down by the University my dad teaches at.
We spent three of the ten days in Wisconsin Dells at my parents time share resort. It had 6 water parks at the resort alone. We spent lots of time on the lazy river, in the wave pool, and going down the many slides. I think the funniest part of the trip was my dad complaining about the dark tube ride. He said, "You might as well put me in a dark closet, scream in my ear, and pour water over my head."Riiiiiight Dad.
Cute little boy after meeting everyone from my home ward. Everything and everyone had changed so much since the last time I'd been home, especially.....
Cody.

Cute little boy after meeting everyone from my home ward. Everything and everyone had changed so much since the last time I'd been home, especially.....
Cody. This is so sad, but the last time I saw my baby brother he was probably 4'10 and weighed maybe 70 pounds. When I saw him I barely recognized him...until he opened his mouth. He is still a hilarious punk. He's now almost 6 feet tall, can drive, and has grown up into a great guy.
One of our other favorites of the trip was what we named, Yard Numb Chucks. My brother Logan killed us all every time we played.
One of our other favorites of the trip was what we named, Yard Numb Chucks. My brother Logan killed us all every time we played.
We had a great trip back to MY TOWN.

9 comments:
How fun. It's so great to go home and see the changes. Good job leaving Caden, it took me almost 6 months before I left Kate. I thinkg Ben was getting stir crazy. I'm so bummed we didn't get a chance to meet up while you were in California.
It sounds like you had a great trip. Beautiful pictures, by the way. I loved your dad's response to the dark tube ride--ha ha!!
Nothing like a walk down memory lane to make you appreciate how far you've come. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question...so you guys are heading back our way soon? We'd love to have you for dinner...
cute pics ash! i'm glad you finally got to go home! we definitely need to chat. we just got back from az and now you are home... no more excuses for us! my fav is how bry is still in a button up shirt at the baseball game... classic!
I love your pictures and I love the song "this is my town!" Alright, how good do you look! You did not just have a babe!
ha ha you're so sweet...and we still have one more semester here...that's plenty of time to become best friends! :)Also, what program do you use to make your photo collages?
How fun!! I love all those smiley pictures!! What a cute picture of your parents and Caden.
I didn't know you were in Altoona?!? You shoulda told me and I would have come up to visit :) Oh well...looks like you were plenty busy and had a great time.
I know what you mean about our neighborhood "memories." A friend lived around every corner, and I've tried to explain the phenomenon to Eric, but he grew up in the country...and it just doesn't seem too special to him.
Altoona...I agree with Anna. We were lucky kids to have what we had growing up. And seeing our hometown through your eyes gives me a new appreciation for a place I live just 20 minutes away from. I am there a lot visiting my parents but I don't always think about it like you did when you were back! So thanks for the greater appreciation. And I think one day down the road when we are all married and have eight kids each we should get together for a neighborhood reunion. It would take extensive planning because some of us are so far away, but I think it would be loads of fun...
Post a Comment