Sunday, July 06, 2008

Twenty Five in Tahoe.

As my dear, dear sister-in-law said to me..."You are half a centry old...oh wait...a quarter centry." :) I turned 25 on the 2nd. True to my husband's style, he made this birthday yet another one I wont forget! The night before we left for Lake Tahoe the family gave me my birthday present...a Nikon D40 camera. I was just a little ExCitEd and totally in sHocK. Bryan wrapped the box, then as I was opening it I see him taking pictures of me with my new camera. There are so many good things I can say about my husband; One of the good things being that he is the most sincere gift giver I have ever met. Right after we started dating I had a birthday, and Bryan surprised me with this necklace I'd wanted forever and just mentioned to him in passing. I'd completely forgotten about it but he didn't. He's pretty awesome. Tuesday night we drove up to the Lake Tahoe cabin for a relaxing birthday. We got up there around 9pm and headed straight to the grocery store to stalk up on treats for our movie night. We spent my birthday walking by the lake, at the local Bert's Cafe having the best french dip I've ever eaten, watching season 4 of Smallville, eating half baked ice cream, trying out the new camera, and having the worst Italian food of my life. It was perfect! I told Bryan that never in my life have I felt so fulfilled. At this point there is nothing missing; I wouldn't change a thing. I'm 25 and I have SO much to be thankful for: I have an incredibly sweet husband who's going to provide our family with such a great future, I have a beautiful baby boy who fills my days (and nights) with so much joy, I have the gospel that brings me hope, I have the best family, I have a home, and I have wonderful friends. I couldn't ask for anything more.
We stayed in Tahoe two 1/2 days. We had a great time and took a few pictures...400 to be exact. I'm pretty sure 350 of those were of this little guy. What can I say...we like him.

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Happy Birthday! I didn't realize that we are the same age... hooray for being 25! I am SO excited for your new camera (though insanely jealous, I must admit)! Kyle has promised to buy me one as soon as he gets a 'real job' so I'm hoping maybe next summer? Let's keep our fingers crossed.

And since I have about 4 good pictures of me and Ella (and maybe you're in the same boat), perhaps you'll let me practice taking pictures of you and your little one with your sweet camera. Sound like a deal?

*katie said...

Happy, happy belated birthday!!! So fun that you got a new fancy camera! I start a 3 week photo class on Tuesday and I'm so excited to learn how to REALLY use my camera since right now I'm just faking it! your sweet baby boy is adorable!

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like it was a great one. I'm glad you guys had such a great time.

benandkiki said...

Happy Birthday! What an awesome birthday you had. It looks like you had so much fun. That's awesome about your new camera, I'm sure it will get a lot of use.

AlliSMiles said...

happy birthday! congrats on the new camera--i LOVE my D40. shooting in manual mode is so much more fun!

Lola said...

Happy Birthday!

So I was watching the Australian news a few days ago and they had this story on a study done on mothers and babies and their interaction. Anyway, a baby's smile has the same effect on a mother's brain as cocaine does. Apparently their baby's smiles gives them an instant (and addictive) high. I know this may seem weird of me to tell you all this but the point is that my first thought was "Ashley Phipps!" (and Lesley Colvin - but it was in the same thought). . . haha. Can't wait to meet your baby in the fall!