Thursday, July 17, 2008

Afraid that One Morning...

I am afraid that one morning, years down the road, I will wake up and hurt from wishing that I could remember exactly how my baby was--that I could remember his exact looks: his little smile, his big blue eyes and how they search a room, how he purses his lips when he doesn't want his pacifier, the way his little toes curl up when you touch them, and how he arches his neck so he can see the lights on the ceiling. So because of this fear I take a million pictures so that I am always able to remind myself of exactly how Caden was when he was my beautiful baby.
The big picture and bottom left picture are of Caden with all of his animal "friends". He is so cute with them. He smiles, coos, makes eyes at them, and lately has started batting at them.
Caden has developed the BIGGEST smile. Every time he does it melts my heart. One of our friends left me a comment saying that she heard about a study that said for a mother seeing a baby's smile is like cocaine. I'm pretty sure it's true. It's so addicting and such a natural high.
Caden officially survived his first cold this last week and a half. That was not fun! The little guy has found his thumb and is EXTREMELY loud when he tries to suck on it. It's pretty funny. He has also become the "baby in training" around our house. We are working on getting his schedule down during the day so he sleeps through the night. By we I mean my sister in law, Tami, and me. She is my support system. He's doing pretty well so far; most naps he will go down with only a whimper which is still so, so hard.
These last pictures are just an example of how Caden HAS to be looking around, specifically at the ceiling. He arches his back in a S shape and just sits like that for an hour. He can hold his head up all on his own and also enjoys standing up with our help. The other day I had him in my lap and he pushed himself into a standing position all on his own. I'm pretty sure last time I checked my child development books that he was not supposed to be this strong yet.
Besides news with Caden, Bry finishes his internship in two weeks. Tomorrow he gets to appear in court all on his own. Did I mention that he also has his own office and parking spot. He's really hit the big times. The only thing that would stop you from believing that is the fact that he had to put together his own leather chair. Haha. :) He has had many growing experiences at this firm; It has been such a huge blessing. Other than that we are just looking forward to our visit to Wisconsin.

5 comments:

Ledebuhr Family said...

cute pictures! do you have some sort of photo editing program?? i love the little collages :)

Jenna and Steve said...

You guys are leaving in two weeks? Sad. Are we going to get to see each other?

benandkiki said...

what adorable pictures! good-luck on getting Caden on a schedule, it can be a bit tricky.

Heather Dayton said...

How cute! I definitely know how you feel with wanting to remember exactly how they looked/acted - it's so sad because Taylor is only 3 weeks old...but those 3 weeks have gone by way too fast. I want him to stay tiny forever, but at the same time I am so excited for him to keep reaching new milestones. It's so bittersweet.

Well, Caden is adorable - and you look like you absolutely LOVE being a mommy!

*katie said...

Such a cute boy! David and Ethan are almost 18 months which means nursery is just 2 Sundays away...talk about bittersweet! I'm excited to actually go to my meetings and not chase little boys around the building, but it also means they are growing up!!