As many of you know Bryan and I found out over Thanksgiving break that we were expecting our first baby. We were so thrilled, but to our great disappointment when we went into our 10 week appointment the baby didn't have a heart beat. This has been very trying, even devestating at times, for us because we wanted this badly and had such high hopes. Bry and I have been able to find much comfort in the fact that we know Heavenly Father is aware of us and our desires. We know that this trial will serve a purpose in bettering us--hopefully we will be better prepared for the blessings of parenthood! We have also been able to find so much comfort in our amazing family and friends. I cannot begin to thank you all for the thoughts and prayers we have felt come our way and for the phone calls and visits. We have really felt the tender mercies of the Lord through each of you.
I was just reading a talk by Elder Scott and he said something very comforting, “True, enduring happiness, with the accompanying strength, courage, and capacity to overcome the greatest difficulties, will come as you center your life in Jesus Christ. Obedience to His teachings provides a secure ascent in the journey of life. That takes effort. While there is no guarantee of overnight results, there is the assurance that, in the Lord's time, solutions will come, peace will prevail, and happiness will be yours.”
I hope you each know how much we love you and how grateful we are for the blessing you have been to us! Please continue to keep us in your prayers that we might be blessed with another chance!
I was just reading a talk by Elder Scott and he said something very comforting, “True, enduring happiness, with the accompanying strength, courage, and capacity to overcome the greatest difficulties, will come as you center your life in Jesus Christ. Obedience to His teachings provides a secure ascent in the journey of life. That takes effort. While there is no guarantee of overnight results, there is the assurance that, in the Lord's time, solutions will come, peace will prevail, and happiness will be yours.”
I hope you each know how much we love you and how grateful we are for the blessing you have been to us! Please continue to keep us in your prayers that we might be blessed with another chance!

Me looking extremely pathetic after surgery. :) I don't like blood or needles so it wasn't my favorite day. But while Bry was at his manditory class my grandparents came over to cheer me up--so that made it much better! My grandma has 4 girls and had 3 miscarriages. My grandpa said that they must have been boys--and just couldn't hack it. He always makes me laugh!

1 comment:
Ashley,
Thanks for being such a great example of optimism and faith! I'm so sorry this had to happen to you.
Love,
Janelle
Post a Comment