Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Oh Parker, you make Caden look like an innocent angel toddler.  I didn't see that coming. Today I discovered your drawing wall: the entire half wall in the living room.  Thank you for decorating since I hadn't quite gotten around to it myself.  I don't know that I would have picked the green and orange colors you did but I do like the modern look to your art.  Where you muscled those colored pencils from is beyond me since all the ones I'm aware of are hidden waaay out of your reach and even mine, just to be extra safe.

I'd also like to thank you for figuring out how to break out of the childproofed door during nap time.  (I should sue the company since it has failed to keep either of children safe.)  I'm sorry I underestimated you Parker; You must have been seriously offend because you sure got me back.  While I was showering you broke out and covered your baby brother in stuffed animals.  Then proceeded to cover yourself in the fireplace soot and ripped the handle off the front of the fireplace. 

I would have sold you today but you redeemed yourself by saying I was a queen.  Then covering your heart, bowing with one leg forward, toe flexed, and saying, "My lady."  Where did you learn that?  I have no idea, but you keep me laughing and for that I will always love you. 

Oh good.  I now see you tip-toeing to Caden's room, letting yourself off time out.  You aren't always as sneaky as you think.  :)

Love, Mommy

6 comments:

Jen R. said...

Adelyn got out of bed around 3am and to make sure I let her stay in my bed fr awhile she said, "I love you, mama. You're so beautiful." and hugged me. How do they learn manipulation so early!? :)

Jen said...

Oh my!!! I'm sorry for your amusing yet unamusing day but this REALLY made me laugh. I guess you can just hope that little boy #3 doesn't get worse yet?!? Hope things are going well for you all out there. You have such a gorgeous family!

Lesley said...

I can't even believe that he's worse than Caden! I have got to see it to believe you! And that totally cracked me up about "my lady." Been watching Mike the Knight lately? It's like when Ella went through a phase where Ella was obsessed with the Octonauts and I asked her to pick out her favorite cereal and she shouted "aye aye captain mom" I got some funny looks.

adam and andrea said...

Dear Owen,
Go easy on your mom. She's earned it.
Love,
Andrea

Jenna and Steve said...

Oh my gosh this is so funny but also scares me to death for my future with Wyatt!

The Gilberts said...

That sounds pretty rough! Today Peyton painted the inside of her crib, bedding, and herself in her own poop, as she is rejecting diapers and naptime is no exception. Wanna trade?