Saturday, February 18, 2012

With the baby coming in two months I've gone into organization/finish it mode. We started a ton of projects when we first moved into our new home, and recently put lots of finishing touches on the final rooms. First is the toy room. I love this room. We made the bookshelf out of an entertainment center Bryan had from highschool. I'm still wanting to get cute fabric to put behind the door to cover some of the clutter. We'll see if that ever happens...We also finished Caden and Parker's Room. {Now if I could only get Parker to stay in the bed; story of a mother's life, right?!?} This is by far my favorite room in the house. Maybe it's the spaciousness, or maybe it's all the heart that Bryan and I put into doing all the artwork ourselves, or maybe it's the perfect bed. Whatever it is, I adore this room. Next in line was MAJOR organization. I'm not oblivious to the fact that three children three and under is not going to be a peaceful stroll in the park, so I've been taking every measure I can to make life after the baby arrives as harmonized as possible. Project #1: Medicine Organized.Project 2: Filing Cabinet. Everything, and I mean everything that we could ever need is filed away and catalogued. Birth certificates, warranties, medical records, car loans, keep sakes, bank statements: I think this was the day I realized how boring being an adult can be. And yet, using the label maker Bryan got me was one of the most exhilarating times of my life. :) Seriously, I'm obsessed with that thing. Hands down one of the top 5 presents I've ever received. Project 3: Binders I'm most excited about the Recipes and Preschool binders. I've finally organized the meals that are most healthy and that I can cook without great amounts of stress into a binder. From there I'm able to meal plan Sunday night for the week and grocery shop Monday morning. I used this website's, Design Finch, #5 weekly menu plan. I finally can say I'm cooking lots, and saving money! Last month we didn't go out once the entire month! Small miracle! Okay, okay, huge miracle.Project 4: Closet Organization. Nursery Boys Room: I cannot stand when their games and toys get mixed together. Then it takes 2 years to find the pieces, and it drives me absolutely nuts! Now each thing has it's own place and is LABELED. Call me crazy, but this gives me a lot of peace. Project 5: Dividers for the kids bath and kitchen. Bless my husband for knowing how to use tools! Project 6: Calendar and magnet board. I got the calendar from Pottery Barn and made the magnet board. I'm able to keep all our activities, the meal plan, and the boys job chart plus some cute art right in plain sight. Just another thing that fights a mother's constant battle against chaos. Up Next: Upholster a rocking chair.

13 comments:

kristen said...

ash! your house looks amazing! I bet it feels amazing too! now I want to come visit all this cleanliness and cuteness!

ps... I love how Parker is part of the organized closet.

Ledebuhr Family said...

No wonder you haven't been blogging! Now what's my excuse?? ;)

adam and andrea said...

It looks amazing - super impressive! The most productive thing I've done in this stage of pregnancy has been eating my ice cream out of a bowl rather than the tub.

Bridget said...

GOOD JOB ASH!!!! Everything looks so good. I just yelled up to Tate, "I want a label maker...Ashley just posted about using one for EVERYTHING and I am so jealous!!!" haha...I really want one now!

Jenna and Steve said...

Can you come to my place?

Lora said...

Holy Guacamole! Can I come bask in the organizational nirvana at your house? The play room and boys room are to die for! Also, congratulations on not going out to eat last month! That is a Herculean feat!

The Boeckmann's said...

Everything looks awesome...and I have a child that won't stay in bed either!! I am at my wits end...if you can come up with anything amazing let me know! After getting up approximately 40 times she finally stays in bed... And now is getting up at least once more before 6 am...whether it be 2 or 5. Aaahhh!! How am I ever going to handle two children?? You are amazing!

The Boeckmann's said...

Everything looks awesome...and I have a child that won't stay in bed either!! I am at my wits end...if you can come up with anything amazing let me know! After getting up approximately 40 times she finally stays in bed... And now is getting up at least once more before 6 am...whether it be 2 or 5. Aaahhh!! How am I ever going to handle two children?? You are amazing!

Amy said...

W.O.W. Now I feel like a total slacker:) And I love my labelmaker too:)

Megan said...

BOYS CLOSET: I spy Parker ;)

gbrooks said...

way to go ashley! looks amazing. hopefully elijah's closet will look kind of like your house when i'm done with it this week. thanks for the inspiration to get it done!

Linds said...

Wow! Everything looks awesome! I am amazed that you've had energy to do all that! I was in bed wishing I could do those kind of things when I was prego!

The Gilberts said...

So this is the new house? way to get organized! I'm still waiting for the nesting instinct to kick in for me!