Bryan's on-call tonight for his dad's business. I always get lots of questions about it since it's such a, shall we say, unique business. I just try not to think about what he's actually doing and focus more on how grateful we are for the extra income. :) So, I'm home alone and since I already cleaned the entire house I figured it was time to sit down for some good old catharsis.
Mitt Romney announced his presidential candidacy. As I was reading about it, I landed on a page listing the pros and cons of each candidate. On Mitt's cons list it stated something along the lines of other Christian faiths not accepting him because he's Mormon.
This boggles my mind. It makes me mad. mad. mad. Not because I automatically support him because we share the same faith but because some people still choose to cast him in a false light because of his faith. This motivates me to be better--to be more like my Savior.
I hope there is a day that the majority of people will understand that members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are Christian. Our lives and our decisions are always influenced by our belief in the Savior Jesus Christ. I hope that people of any faith will see us for the good we are trying to spread instead of the awful, untrue rumors that so often circulate about our religion. {Why can't we foucs on the fact that our church's humanitarian services provided more than $1.01 billion to assist the needy from 165 countries or that there are over 50,000 missionaries, many 19 year old boys, from our church that give 2 years of their lives to go serve others and bring people to Christ?}
In highschool one of my closest friends brought me a flyer his church had sent out, inviting me to come hear why I was going to Hell. Yup, lovely. He said he was joking, but deep down I always hoped he wasn't one of those people in that congregation that believed those malicious words. Ten years later, I hope that my friends of faiths besides mine are not numbered among the people that wont vote for Mitt Romney simply because he is LDS. I know better than anyone that I am no where near perfect, but I hope that I have been a good enough example and open enough about my faith that my friends will trust in me over the cruel falsehoods that will undoubtedly be said during this election. Now, if you just don't like the guy because of his politics, I will not be hurt.
On to less heavy subjects. Why is it that the Biggest Loser is so addicting? I made it 9 seasons without being sucked in. I couldn't understand how it could be all that exciting to watch people lose weight for an entire season. Well, guess what...it is! One night, probably much like this one, I was bored and started watching. I haven't missed an episode since. And why is it that I bawl through every episode? Like a big, big baby.
Tonight Caden gave me a recap of his day. "I went into the woods. It was scar-rey! And then I saw an alligator. Good night mommy." What I wouldn't give to be little again...

2 comments:
He's right jungles and alligators are scary!! :)
Knowing your closest guy friends in H.S., and that most of them went to my church, I sure hope it wasn't something from Trinity. Doesn't sound like something they'd condone, but you never know.
Love your turquoise table and project. I need some color in my house! :)
Post a Comment