Tuesday, December 07, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year.

It's my very first Christmas without snow. Who knew it would bother me so much?!? As with most things you don't know what you've got til it's gone {...sing it with me} For me, snow has always been part of the magic of the Christmas season. Though you will not hear any complaints from me about being able to have my kids play outdoors in December, it is an adjustment as far as feeling the Christmas spirit goes. There is just something very weird about looking past your Christmas tree to lovely weather. Sun in December? Who knew that existed? It's throwing me off, so I've gone to extra lenghts this year to try and bring the Christmas spirit to our home.
I will also admit that I have been inspired by so many of my wonderful friends and all the amazing things they are doing this time of year. I've been doing one-ish Christmas themed activity per day with the boys. Here is what we've been up to:

December 1: Decorate the Tree
{This is normally the day after Thanksgiving but someone threw his back out...}
Read Llama Llama Holiday Drama

Day 2: Wreaths for the boys bedroom doors {inspired by Sutton Grace}. We also watched the classic Frosty the Snowman which has become Caden's favorite new show. Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer has a scary monster in it that he has talked about nonstop since seeing it.

Day 3: Helping Great Grandma decorate her tree

and hanging our outside lights.

Day 4: Telling Caden about Santa and coloring pictures of him and his Elves.
Me: Caden, Santa only brings presents to good boys and girls that listen to their mommy's. Caden: OHHHHHHHHH, I be GOOD!!

Day 5: Making present tags. Don't judge, we all know I'm no artist.

Day 6: Yarn Trees {also inspired by Sutton Grace} and eating Candy Canes which carried over into day 7 because Bryan was unimpressed with a single tree. I'm still working on the ornaments.

Day 7: Putting up Candy Cane's on the deck.

Lots more Christmas goodness to come! :)

9 comments:

Amy said...

Just reading this post makes me tired. I intentionally left an entire christmas decoration box in the attic this year. I know. Bah, humbug:)

Megan said...

I wish I could be there!! It looks like so much fun :) I miss you guys tons!!

Keep the pictures coming...please... :)

Anonymous said...

i couldnt imagine, I had a hard time getting into the feeling with "little" snow on the ground. I guess there are some things to love about the snow, but then Im sure in years to come you will look back and miss it if your anywhere near snow for christmas! ENJOY!

adam and andrea said...

Wow - your house looks amazing!! I feel like a Christmas slacker this year. I love the wreath idea...I may be stealing that one. Miss you lots - looking forward to catching up!

kristen said...

pssst... your trees are cuter than hers. Ü

Paul said...

Hey, days 9, 10, 11, 12, or so should be to go over to Bumpa's and put his tree and deocroations up, scratch his back, and read him ane neat

A Christmas story with all your energy and some hot chocolate would be nice too . . .with Marshmellos!

Lora said...

Wow! You guys are really festive! We've decorated a tree and....nope, that's about it. It looks like lots of fun!

gbrooks said...

I only lived in snow for 3 years and I'm feeling the affects this year on the holiday spirit too.

We'll be in Woodland the 25-27(ish). If you have time, we should get together!

Jolene said...

Love how focused Caden was on coloring