Every once in awhile I let myself think of all the things in my life that have gone unaccomplished and I start feeling like I wont leave behind much of a legacy. I think about the masters degree that I got one class into, and I think of the dream job that I never started, and I think about the countries that have gone unseen by my eyes, and I think about the people's lives that I wont touch because our paths will probably never cross. But then I see these two bright eyed boys and I'm reminded that I'm leaving behind the most important legacy possible. Being here for their milestones and their smiles always seems to out weigh any other legacy I could be leaving behind. For now, all of my dreams are wrapped up in these two and I am grateful for that. I'm sure some day I will have the chance to accomplish other things, but I'm also sure they will pale in comparison to being a mother. 

Thank you Bryan. I'm sure Parker will love this picture in his wedding video.
Caden is obsessed with "BUUUZZ!" He flies this little guy around the house and asks to watch, "Oy Orey." We've all had a nasty bug, so it's been part of our healing process. :)

I think it's safe to say this is one of Parker's favorite views. He smiles and coos at this owl like they have been best friends for years. He's even started kicking him...I'm not sure how that will effect their friendship yet.
OH.MY.GOSH. Please note the letters that Caden strung together all on his own. I was mortified. Bryan laughed.
Lastly, for any of you Utah folks, you MUST try out the Cocoa Bean Cafe. It's fabulous. DELICIOUS cupcakes. We took Caden there the other night. He was about half way through his quarter of a cupcake and starts chanting "milk, milk, milk." I told him that we'd get him some when we got home, but his chants just got louder and louder, until he looks at me and say, "or show-duh." {soda}....not happening friend.

6 comments:
master's degrees and traveling are totally overrated compared to being a mom- take my word for it! You definitely have the right attitude.
And what the heck, we haven't seen you guys for like 9 years. Let's fix that, friend.
And gosh, what are you teaching that Caden of yours? Most kids learn A,B,C first. Hmmmm.
And also, don't put pictures of cupcakes like that on your blog. I am a pregnant woman, for crying outloud, and it's 10:46 on a Saturday night. I'm guessing that place isn't open.
Oh, and maybe you should call your sugar-loving friends next time you visit said bakery.
I'm done now. Thanks.
LOL-what Caden put together is hilarious, it took me a minute to actually figure out what it was..hahah, that is hilarious!!!
somedays I think of all the things I have missed and have yet to explore, but then also do remember that maybe if other paths would have taken me in a different direction, I may not be here today with my wonderful husband and soon to be family. I truly believe in the statement that "Everything happens for a reason." I live by these words each and everyday because it you dont you can drive yourself nuts wondering what could have it been like..
wonderful posts, you always find away somehow to make me laugh or smile with your little cute things..
Have a good sunday, and hope the sun is shinning as bright in Utah as it is in Eau Claire right now!!
When he's 3 you must take him to disneyland to ride Astro Blasters! I swear he'll be a fan!
beautifully and perfectly said! : )
SO cute...hehe.
Those must be the cupcakes Megan has been talking about. Something for April. So I just see an S maybe a T. I'm usually clueless.
Post a Comment