Thursday, November 05, 2009

Halloween Giraffe.

9 million pictures to follow:

Being that it was our last chance, Bryan decided he would grace BYU with his presence at the Halloween party. I guess he's not ashamed of us this year. :) Caden surprised us with no funny business when he modeled his costume for everyone. He was strictly business walking across the stage. Then we went trick-or-treating through the carrels. Caden only lasted for a bit because his costume was making him sweat bullets. Ella was my favorite, she was on a mission walking straight from one carrel to the next. Her bag was so full by the end that her arm was bright red. Hilarious. As always, thank you Lesley, for documenting our lives.
I took Caden into our backyard jungle to do a photoshoot. I thought it would be cute since it's so African Safari-like. Caden thought I had lost my mind. When I climbed into the weeds, he looked at me like, 'there is zero chance I'm following you crazy woman.' He started screaming, and then ignored me completely. Result: Caden wouldn't speak to me for an hour afterward, and no worthy pictures. Luckily for me, Lesley saved the day, at our Halloween celebration with lots of fun shots. I'm probably going to die when we all go our separate ways.Caden's cute buddies: Carter and Ella.
So he decided he was done sitting on the box and went to roll off. I swear I've never seen my husband run that fast. He was at least five feet away, and was able to save Caden. I love the look on his face!The kids thought it was fun to be "behind bars." The giraffe looked like he was all caged in. I'll be honest...some days I wish I had one. :)
We ended our Halloween evening with the girls at Jessica's safely watching Twlight, and the boys at Kyle's watching a horror movie. This was the best situation for all of us: No nightmares or sleeping with the lights on. I'm not sure when I became such a wimp...I remember in high school we did some scary stuff for Halloween. Those days are loooong gone.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Wow...your hair looks red!! So cute

adam and andrea said...

ahhhhh!! he's seriously the cutest giraffe ever! it was great to catch up yesterday!!

The Kotaks said...

hahaha!! We did do some scary things in High School. I'm a wimp now too. :)

kristen said...

CUTEST GIRAFFE EVER! i love your family picture in the end with your belly... totally cute. and i LOVE that action shot!
and... i'm totally a whimp now too. is that a dorky mom thing?

Lesley said...

I busted up laughing when I saw the picture of Caden's little meltdown in the backyard.

Thanks for a fabulous Halloween :) I'm definitely going to die when we all go our separate ways. Hey, why don't you move in next door (wherever we end up) and Kyle can be our sugar daddy while the rest of us play. And Bryan can make us tortes. Sounds like a great plan.

J.Phipps said...

looks like Caden's skills of dismounting "Rody" are also applicable to cement ledges.