Tuesday, July 21, 2009

BUSY

Life is always "busy" when you have a kid, but the last week has actually been BUSY. I'm not talking cooking lunch, folding clothes, chasing after my crazy ADHD child busy. I'm talking fun busy. It's been a nice change. Marine World, David Archuleta Concert, Sand Harbor, the bug park, birthdays, dinner with Bry's friend from high school, the new pool got installed... You get the point.
Tami and I took the kids to the Folsom Train for Evan's birthday. Caden loved having the wind blow in his face on the ride.
We spent a full Saturday up at Sand Harbor in Tahoe with Larsen's, Megan, and Katie. The kids had a blast until a storm rolled in and it went from 90 degrees to freezing.Our little Sand Monster.
So Bry and I have taught Caden lots of tricks: shoulder shrug, put 'em up, do your hair, and one of Caden's newest tricks..."Strike a Pose."
Marine World:
Bry had to work, BOO, but we got to go with the rest of the Phipps clan.Caden LOVED the whale and elephant shows. He clapped and pointed the entire time. I realized I can finally relate to my mother. All those years she would go with us to amusement parks and be content to stand by our stuff while we rode the rides--I thought she was nuts. Low and behold, it's a mom thing to find joy in your children's joy. Caden went on a bunch of rides and even touched a 7,000 pound elephant. I think the most disturbing part of this day for me was when the trainer had the elephant lay down...bum facing me, of course. A 7,000 pound elephant passed gas on me and it was the NASTIEST thing EVER! A little worn out at the end of a long, fun day. The next night Jolene took us on a girls night out to the David Archuleta/Demi Lovato Concert. It's always good to feel like a 16 year old again. Hard not to get in that mood when you've got 9 million girls shrieking all around you. Little Archie was definitely fun to watch.

9 comments:

Kelly Childs said...

Hopefully you had your mouth closed when that elephant let loose!! That is too funny!

kristen said...

i love his TEETH! you guys are so cute!

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

Now, I got bit by a duck at the Tracy Aviary, but being farted on by an elephant is by far a more interesting story. Ha ha!! How fun--I could totally see you in some of Caden's expressions!

Lesley said...

yea, thanks for recapping that nasty elephant story. I'll be sure to steer clear next time one plops his giant rear end near me.

And thanks for the pics! We were beginning to forget what you fine people look like. More, please!

Jolene said...

I was there and I still never get tired of seeing all these faces again. M

Larsen Family said...

Man those train pictures are amazing...like they were taken by a professional photographer

*katie said...

Fun, fun, fun! I love the sand and water pictures:) And I'm totally jealous you got to go to the David A concert:) I'm definitely a tween stuck in a 30 year old body:)

heather peck said...

looks like you are having a great and fun busy summer, minus the elephant of course!

Anonymous said...

Ashley,

I need your email address you use to do your blog, I am securing my blog to my friends on my list..

thanks!