Thursday, April 23, 2009

Today I am feeling grateful for being a mother. Well, really never a day goes by that I am not filled with gratitude for this blessing, but today I'm swelling. I've heard that some women feel that when they became mom's they lost themselves in the job, but I feel like I've found myself this last year. I love and am thankful for each moment of motherhood. I feel like I've found my purpose. Even those days that Caden decides to get up at 5 AM, I see that smile and instead of being upset I feel so lucky. I'd give anything for this blessing again.

Welcome to the jungle we call a backyard:
Caden has been working on a new trick these last few weeks. Standing alone.
I'm not too sure about this mom, but I really want to rip off those flowers.
Slowly letting go of the fence.Whoa!Caden's been standing a little here and a little there but today he stood for about 5 minutes straight. He was quite proud of himself, and so was I!
(I realize these pictures are totally shadowed but I'm over only putting up "good" pictures.)

8 comments:

Lesley said...

I'm over it too :)

I love that last one of Caden... he has the biggest grin!

kristen said...

these are great pictures ash! you totally captured his "balance" at this stage. i'm excited to see him walk! and turn ONE! wohoo!

adam and andrea said...

he's such a little man!! I can't believe he's going to be a year soon!! What a cutie - love his little outfit! I'm taking style tips for Little B from Caden! : )

Sheila said...

Nice job little buddy!! You have to come play with Jordan sometime you're in Cali!!!

Jolene said...

Caden is very lucky to have you. M

The Boeckmann's said...

He is so adorable..seriously one of the cutest babies ever! It is hard to believe that a whole year has almost went by...crazy. Oh and by the way I don't even know what shadowing means...so I thought the pictures looked great!

kami said...

yay for standing! he really looks like bryan!!

J.Phipps said...

Don't worry Ash you are a good photographer. For example, you managed to capture the only part of your backyard that was sanitary for human cohabitation.