Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Carmel-by-the-Sea

Beautiful, blue water.
Warm, sandy beach.
Breeze, perfect for kite flying.
Quaint restaurants and shops.
Art and dog fanatics everywhere.

Bry's parents took us to Carmel to celebrate Bryan's graduation. It was a trip we will never forget! I made sure to document every moment. 5,000 pictures worth.
When we got to the beach Caden's first words were, "Ohhh, big sandbox." He was in Heaven running across the beach, chasing down dogs, climbing trees, and trying to build sand castles. The water, however, was not on his favorites list.HUGE strides were made this trip: Paul played in the sand. Pretty sure last time we went to the ocean he locked himself in his car in the parking lot and listened to Dr. Laura. Must be Caden's magic touch (the two year old tantrum).We spent two glorious days at the beach. We also got to explore town, and Bryan and I even got to go on a fancy date. We had the best gnocchi I've had in my entire life.
Trying to muster a smile through the alligators tears. Apparently the back of the stroller is like a torture chamber. Caden was quite attatched to Bumpa and Gamma Jo-ene. Probably because of the cheese balls. :)
And then we headed to Monterey...

6 comments:

*katie said...

Such beautiful pictures! I love the one of you and the boys on the bench:) And I too am beyond excited for this little girl to make her appearance! Just 3 more weeks, just 3 more weeks...or less if I'm lucky! :)

Anonymous said...

looks like a well needed vacation.. beautiful weather indeed!

Linds said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The water and the sky look amazing in all those pictures...especially next to the blue eyes of those cute boys!

Heather Dayton said...

Oh my goodness-this trip looks like it was heavenly. Your pictures are fabulous, as always, and your family is so adorable.

Jolene said...

Such a good Mommy picture with your boys on the bench

Lora said...

I love the sunglasses picture! Cool reflection. Wow! Apparently the beach is the place to get good pictures. :)